+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is the translation valid only with an affidavit?

ROCIOLIVELY

Jul 26, 2024
I sent a professional to Canada to translate a few years ago when we stopped our migration process because my husband came to Peru.

I have 10 Word translations, without stamps, that a professional translator in Canada did for me. I have contacted her again and asked for an affidavit stating that she did them and that it is a faithful and exact translation. Would her affidavit suffice? Would this affidavit be 1 letter that I would attach to all the translations? Or does the translator have to give me 10 affidavits, 1 for each translated document?

Another question, for my part, should I take the originals to a notary in Lima and will it no longer be necessary for the translator to translate the notary's stamps? Does the notary legalize the original or do I have to make a photocopy of the original? That is, I attach: The original document / Notarized photocopy of the original document / Certified translation or affidavit Another question.

Only official documents are translated (birth certificate, etc.). Diplomas and work certificates are also translated, aren't they?

Thank you very much in advance for your response, the subject is a bit confusing to me. God bless you.

Rocío Lively