+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is Schengen visa revocation & physical cancellation prior to travel from homeland equivalent to "entry denied" for that country?

Nov 18, 2021
Is Schengen visa revocation & physical cancellation prior to travel from homeland equivalent to "entry denied" for that country? Will this be a major deciding factor for Canada PR application?
I have received ITA and I am about to submit my application. What should I reply for this question Was Mr./Ms. X denied an entry in a country ?

It was a business visa & travel was intended for 1 week in Frankfurt and 1 week in Romania , the Visa was granted by German consulate , but post visa the requirement changed to 2 days in Frankfurt and rest of the travel was moved to Romania.
the cancellation reason was provided as -the purpose , condition intended for the stay was not credible.
the comments were mentioned as - It has come to notice to consulate general that your main destination is not federal republic of Germany.
- False or falsified documents have been submitted.

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Is Schengen visa revocation & physical cancellation prior to travel from homeland equivalent to "entry denied" for that country? Will this be a major deciding factor for Canada PR application?
I have received ITA and I am about to submit my application. What should I reply for this question Was Mr./Ms. X denied an entry in a country ?

It was a business visa & travel was intended for 1 week in Frankfurt and 1 week in Romania , the Visa was granted by German consulate , but post visa the requirement changed to 2 days in Frankfurt and rest of the travel was moved to Romania.
the cancellation reason was provided as -the purpose , condition intended for the stay was not credible.
the comments were mentioned as - It has come to notice to consulate general that your main destination is not federal republic of Germany.
So were you denied entry into a country?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Yes, you need to declare this in your application.

It's not at all relevant to whether PR is approved or not unless you fail to mention it. As long as you mention this in your applications, it won't create ay issues.

Reactions: raveenasawhney
Nov 18, 2021
Yes, you need to declare this in your application.

It's not at all relevant to whether PR is approved or not unless you fail to mention it. As long as you mention this in your applications, it won't create ay issues.
Okay , So I need to reply this Question as yes , and also provide Cancellation reason document with an LOE ?

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
the visa was cancelled , before I could travel to Frankfurt from India. so I was neither detained nor deported , I was just not allowed to board by the airlines.
If you were not allowed to board that definitely constitutes a denial of entry and is a material fact within your application. What IRCC is looking out for is you hiding things, not things like this happening. In your case, your denial doesn't sound like a big deal at all (it's a business trip and the destination change wasn't within your control), but failing to declare it will make it a big deal.

I agree with Scylla - you must disclose this otherwise you are creating a very significant risk in your PR application.

Reactions: raveenasawhney