+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is PCC for citizenship application required, if it was already submitted for Express entry immigration application?

Canada_Joy

Jan 25, 2018
Hi there!

I will be really grateful if someone can provide insight into the PCC requirements for citizenship application.
I have completed 3 years of residency as a PR, the year before I landed I was staying for more than 183 in a row in USA.
Therefore, I am required to provide PCC as per the application requirement of 183 days.

As I had provided the PCC as a part of the express entry application, do I need to obtain another PCC for citizenship application?

Thanks in advance!!

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
I am not an expert but , yes you would need to provide PCC again as it's not of your home country and the validity for a PCC is 6months.

if someone was / is in same situation, they might be able to advise you better on this.

Canada_Joy

Jan 25, 2018
Thanks for the response @phoenix232. I was of the same opinion, but saw the following example in the instruction guide and hence the confusion.

You lived in France for one year (365 days) before you became a permanent resident 3 years ago. You did not travel to France after you became a permanent resident. You would answer “Yes” to the question and you would need to provide a police certificate from France if you did not provide one with your immigration application. If you provided a police certificate from France with your immigration application, tell us this in the box provided at Question 10b.