+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is My Visa Still Valid?

Makeit

Star Member
Jan 11, 2011
Hi

I was awarded a 1 Year Working visa for Canada in September 2010 - I have not used it yet.

Is the visa still valid if it has not been used within a certain time frame? i.e. How long do I have before the Visa will no longer be valid?

It does not say anything about a deadline for entry on the letter.

Thanks

M

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Makeit said:
Hi

I was awarded a 1 Year Working visa for Canada in September 2010 - I have not used it yet.

Is the visa still valid if it has not been used within a certain time frame? i.e. How long do I have before the Visa will no longer be valid?

It does not say anything about a deadline for entry on the letter.

Thanks

M
Look at the visa. It should have an expiry date on it. You must use it by that date.

adamvaid

Sep 10, 2010
australia
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney,australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
jan2010
Doc's Request.
march2010
File Transfer...
july2010
Med's Request
received
Med's Done....
21 jan 2011
Interview........
29 NOV 2010
Passport Req..
30 MAY 2011
VISA ISSUED...
ISSUED
LANDED..........
AUG 2011
Every visa have a expiry date.

Makeit

Star Member
Jan 11, 2011
To clarify - I actually have a letter from the Canadain High Commission telling me I have been approved to work in Canada - the actual Visa itself will be issued by a Canada Border Services Officer at my Port Of Entry.....

There is no mention of dates on the letter at all.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Makeit said:
To clarify - I actually have a letter from the Canadain High Commission telling me I have been approved to work in Canada - the actual Visa itself will be issued by a Canada Border Services Officer at my Port Of Entry.....

If you land at the POE with this, you had better bring the job offer, LMO and contract you signed with the employer. CBSA will call the employer listed on the LMO to ensure that the job is still available to you before issuing a WP.

No visa will be issued to you as you must be visa exempt. The only thing that would be issued would be the work permit.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Should not the visa itself be attached to the passport? The work permit is issued at the port of entry.

Makeit said:

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
job_seeker said:
Should not the visa itself be attached to the passport? The work permit is issued at the port of entry.
From what the OP posted, I'm assuming that they are from a visa exempt country.

Makeit

Star Member
Jan 11, 2011
Sorry for the lack of clarity guys - I am on the 1 year U35 work Canada programme and from Ireland.

I do not need to have an employer lined up or anything like htat. I am just cncerned about expiry date for first use - of which there is no mention on the letter from the High Commission.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is a similar program for Swedish citizens, and that letter is valid for 1 year from date of issues. I am not sure if it is the same with the British/Irish ones. If you check the website where you got the application etc. it should tell you there. If not, contact that agency.

Makeit said:
Sorry for the lack of clarity guys - I am on the 1 year U35 work Canada programme and from Ireland.

I do not need to have an employer lined up or anything like htat. I am just cncerned about expiry date for first use - of which there is no mention on the letter from the High Commission.