+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is my Immigration consultant misleading me . . .

naughtyboy

Sep 7, 2008
Dear Friends & Senior Members,

Recently I approached a Canadian immigration consultancy company in India called WWICS (World Wide Immigration Consultancy Services).

They claim to be able to get me a Permanent Resident visa within 1 year. I did my own background checks regarding this by reading the CIC website and different forums for information. As per the CIC website - Link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/02a-skilled-fed.asp, the processing times for New Delhi, India is about 68 months to 73 months. (i.e. nearly 6-7 years).
This make my heart sink into depression : (

Processing Times 30% 50% 70% 80%

New Delhi 68 70 72 73

Is my Immigration consultant trying to grab my money by claiming to get me the visa processed within one year or is there some way he can actually manage to do that? Does anyone in this forum know of someone who has approached WWICS. Has someone got cheated by them.

Please let me know. Thank you for your time : )

With best wishes
Naughty naughty

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ask them to explain to you how they plan to get you PR in one year. The only way you could do it is if you qualify for some provincial nominee program and they plan to get you a job offer and a temporary work permit so you can go to Canada and apply for PR through PNP which is faster. If they say you can apply as a federal skilled worker in India and get it in one year, I think they are definitely misleading you.

naughtyboy

Sep 7, 2008
Dear Mr.Leon,

That was one very quick reply from you. I feel that you have saved me from throwing away a lot of hard earned money to this consultant. Thanks a ton. I luv you people : )

Elsewhere in this forum, I came across somone mentioning that the processing time for applications filled after feb 2008 is less than 2 years. Is this true ?
God, please say yes . . .

Thanks again for replying to my questions : )

With Warm Regards,
Naughty naughty

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
That is correct,Only Provincial Nominee Programs can get you in in one year.Currently assisting 2 Indian nurses who got their Nomination in 4 months.So it is possibile If you are going to be under a PNP

naughtyboy

Sep 7, 2008
Hi BCguy,

It's so very kind of you to have replied to my question.

Like I had mentioned earlier, I've done my homework studying whatever is there in the CIC website. I have also visited numerous forums and read through hundred of posts. I have no problem applying for a visa through the simplified process. It's just that I can't bear to wait for the next 6 years to get the visa. It's too much too long a wait : ( I am looking for a way to somehow shorten this period.

By the way, you have mentioned that you are currently assisting two nurses to get their nomination. If that's the case, then you must be able to assist us also, can't you? I hope you can ;-) I can do whatever's necessary towards acquiring such assistance from you, payment wise or whatever. I believe your experience and knowledge in these matters is invaluable for people like myself.
I can breath with ease if you are willing to assist us in obtaining a Provincial Nomination.

I wish I get a positive response from you. Thank you once again for spending your time to answer my questions. Really appreciate all you people : )

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Hi
I work for a branch of the BC goverment,So I will help you for free,But other people I refer you to may charge.Okay Here goes,Canada is a Federal Country so unlike India Where Immigration law is the same in the whole country,We Individual Provinces are also allowed to create our own immigration programs.My first question is what is your occupation??That will determine the strategy,Do you have any Family in Canada?If you wish,you may communicate by Personal Message.

naughtyboy

Sep 7, 2008
Hi BCguy,

Thanks for offering to provide assistance.

I do not have any family members in Canada. At the moment, I am working as an AIX and Linux system administrator with around 14 years of work experience in the field. I have a colleague of mine who too is interested in obtaining a Visa. I have also sent you a personal message as suggested by you.

naughtyboy

Sep 7, 2008
Dear BCguy,

I have'nt heard from you since the last time I posted a message. Anyways, I thought I should wait a little longer for your reply before posting once again. So here I am wondering whether I have said something wrong or what, cause I see you replying to other posts out there
If not, I hope to hear from you soon. Thanks !

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Hi Naughtyboy
Here is my results,Microsoft is opening its first Canadian Development Center in BC and will be needing about 3,000 IT workers and the Gaming Industry is very big here.You might try sending resumes to Microsoft since they are recruiting for this facility in Richmond BCglobally for staff that cannot get into the US.Best Regards

naughtyboy

Sep 7, 2008
Hi BCguy,

My guess is IBM AIX and Linux experience is the last thing Microsoft would want to look at because these are rival technologies to Microsoft. Anyway I give it a try. Thanks a ton for your reply.

aamaadmi

Feb 2, 2017
Instead of opening a new thread, I would like to continue as my question is different but the context is same as above

I have approached a consultant in India, who is an immigration lawyer in canada, gave all my documents, my WES is pending, sat for IELTS and got a decent score (CLB7),The consultant said they have created a profile in job bank and also EE Profile and gave me some E number (Exxxxxxx)

Upon my request to access the profile, I got response as below
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear client,

CIC do not upload the profile online till you do not get invitation and application is submitted after that and in process.

We have registered your profile with job bank and you can apply for the job if get any relevant job matches and if any employer will be interested in hiring you make give you job offer and do LMIA for you.

From our end we will start circulating your resume with different consultancies.

I searched the CIC site and found below link, but couldnt access my profile

service3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/ecas/authenticate.do?app=ecas
(as forum is not allowing me to post links, i have deleted the hyper text transfer secure protocol..

Identification type : Application number/Case number
Identification number : EXXXXXXX
Surname
DOB
Place of birth

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not yet begun processing it. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
Application Processing Times
At this time, you may use this on-line service to view the status of your application ONLY if you have:
sponsored a member of the family class;
applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
applied to resume Canadian citizenship.
The Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) may help you to access the status of your application through Client Application Status (CAS).

Can some one please direct me the right link, if i am using the wrong one. Is there any other way to get the information from CIC site for our application which was filled by consultant?

PS: I have signed a representative form while enrolling myself with the consultant

hitesh0414

Apr 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 December, 2016
AOR Received.
10 December, 2016
Med's Done....
26 November,2016
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
aamaadmi said:
Instead of opening a new thread, I would like to continue as my question is different but the context is same as above

I have approached a consultant in India, who is an immigration lawyer in canada, gave all my documents, my WES is pending, sat for IELTS and got a decent score (CLB7),The consultant said they have created a profile in job bank and also EE Profile and gave me some E number (Exxxxxxx)

Upon my request to access the profile, I got response as below
Dear client,

CIC do not upload the profile online till you do not get invitation and application is submitted after that and in process.

We have registered your profile with job bank and you can apply for the job if get any relevant job matches and if any employer will be interested in hiring you make give you job offer and do LMIA for you.

From our end we will start circulating your resume with different consultancies.

I searched the CIC site and found below link, but couldnt access my profile

service3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/ecas/authenticate.do?app=ecas
(as forum is not allowing me to post links, i have deleted the hyper text transfer secure protocol..

Identification type : Application number/Case number
Identification number : EXXXXXXX
Surname
DOB
Place of birth

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not yet begun processing it. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
Application Processing Times
At this time, you may use this on-line service to view the status of your application ONLY if you have:
sponsored a member of the family class;
applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
applied to resume Canadian citizenship.
The Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) may help you to access the status of your application through Client Application Status (CAS).

Can some one please direct me the right link, if i am using the wrong one. Is there any other way to get the information from CIC site for our application which was filled by consultant?

PS: I have signed a representative form while enrolling myself with the consultant
The correct link is https://clegc-gckey.gc.ca/j/eng/l?ReqID=s29ce787eabeee366511c21f684114c511f30c4e1b

but you need to get your GC key and password from your consultant.

aamaadmi

Feb 2, 2017
Thanks for the reply,
one more question, I am still waiting for my ECA evaluation from WES, but they said its possible to file in even with reference number and gave me EE number as well

can i still go and ask them the GcKey and login details?