+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it possible to use an existing WES USA evaluation for a WES Canada ECA?

nanv90

Aug 27, 2024
hi folks, I have an ICAP evaluation from WES which I got about 10 years ago when I went to study to the US.
I would like to know if I can "reuse" this evaluation for immigration purposes to Canada.
  1. Is there a way to "transfer" the evaluation from WES USA to WES Canada?
  2. If I request a duplicate report of my existing evaluation and select "immigration purposes", will it adapt automatically to the ECA standards and format?
  3. If I request a duplicate report for immigration, will I have the option to select it is for immigration to Canada and not the US?
Thanks in advance to anyone who is able to provide some guidance

nanv90

Aug 27, 2024
Thank you very much @CanGoldDigger

2 follow-up questions:
  1. is it true that I need to create a new WES account on WES Canada (with a different email)?
  2. When creating the ECA evaluation request, will I have the option to tell WES Canada to retrieve or request my docs from WES US or is it something
Sorry for pestering you with questions. I have found a lot of misleading and unclear information. Even when contacting WES directly, I have had no response from them.

CanGoldDigger

Feb 17, 2024
Ottawa
Thank you very much @CanGoldDigger

2 follow-up questions:
  1. is it true that I need to create a new WES account on WES Canada (with a different email)?
  2. When creating the ECA evaluation request, will I have the option to tell WES Canada to retrieve or request my docs from WES US or is it something
Sorry for pestering you with questions. I have found a lot of misleading and unclear information. Even when contacting WES directly, I have had no response from them.
1. Yes, you need an account for Canada specifically.
2. They will know and see that for sure.

My answers are based on my previous experience.

Reactions: nanv90