+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it possible to study FRENCH before my college start?

BerlinArrow

Nov 16, 2018
Germany, leipzig
"Hello_world"

I was wondering IF I got my study visa approved or I recived the letter of approval, Can I fly to Canada before my college study to take some FRENCH classes for 2 or 3 months?

+ If anyone knows.. Am I allowed to work in jobs like UBER or food delivery before my study? (jobs that uses application and free time)

Thank you.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
"Hello_world"

I was wondering IF I got my study visa approved or I recived the letter of approval, Can I fly to Canada before my college study to take some FRENCH classes for 2 or 3 months?

+ If anyone knows.. Am I allowed to work in jobs like UBER or food delivery before my study? (jobs that uses application and free time)

Thank you.
About French classes I guess so but others can confirm.

Working before college start - Illegal

Reactions: rogelcorral

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
"Hello_world"

Thank you.
Save your money and study in a alliance francaise in your own country. The accent and specific words you can learn when you spend your time in Canada. If it's going to cost the same in Canada compared to your own country then you can go earlier than your college starting date but you will have to self fund your time there and visa officer will ask for proof of funds before college starts.

Reactions: BerlinArrow

BerlinArrow

Nov 16, 2018
Germany, leipzig
Save your money and study in a alliance francaise in your own country. The accent and specific words you can learn when you spend your time in Canada. If it's going to cost the same in Canada compared to your own country then you can go earlier than your college starting date but you will have to self fund your time there and visa officer will ask for proof of funds before college starts.
It's also too expensive in my country, probobly more than Canada
Maybe my expenses will be more in Canada and that's the problem.

Thank you for your answer

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
"Hello_world"

Thank you.
When you get your SIN, the Service Canada officer will remind you that you are not allowed to work before the official start of your classes.

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
One small question,
Do you recommend me to open bank account from now or when I arraive there?,
Sorry mate, I don’t have experience on that except in opening a GIC... I do recommend you open a GIC account. I have yet to open a regular bank account here because I just arrived. On monday I will go to Scotia bank to get the initial CaD2k from my account and transfer to a regular bank account.

Reactions: BerlinArrow

BerlinArrow

Nov 16, 2018
Germany, leipzig
Sorry mate, I don’t have experience on that except in opening a GIC... I do recommend you open a GIC account. I have yet to open a regular bank account here because I just arrived. On monday I will go to Scotia bank to get the initial CaD2k from my account and transfer to a regular bank account.
Although I don't know what you mean by "CaD2k", I think I will just open my online bank too.

Thank you...mate :)

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
One small question,
Do you recommend me to open bank account from now or when I arraive there?,
All banks have special student accounts so assuming you have proof of admission you can get an account. Otherwise there are basic accounts that you could be eligible for. I'm not sure about that though.

In theory if you are relying on your savings your bank debit card would be enough and often cheaper than exchange rates. That way you need not worry about opening an account. My bank charges me approx 2.5 CAD per cash withdraw on the current market rate on the DAT. However I live in India and assuming you live in Berlin it may not be that cheap.