+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it possible to extend the timeline for medicals ?

VCL

Oct 5, 2011
Hello

I am new to the forum. I applied for a PR in April 2010. I sent the complete set of documents in Oct 2010. I got my AOR in Nov 2010.
In Dec 2010 I sent a change in marital status. I was told that I can expect the next stage in 8 months. Now the expected processing time line is 15 months. That means I have already completed 12 months since I sent my documents.

Now my company is planning to send me to US on L1 for 2 - 3months. I am worried that when I am in US if a request for medicals and passport come -how I should handle the situation. I have not informed my company about my application for PR to Canada. Would it be possible to request NDVO for an extension in medical submission stating my travel status ??

NOC - 0213
VO - NDVO
Current Ecas Status - Received by Visa Office
Any suggestions ?? Please guide.

Regards
Vcl

VCL

Oct 5, 2011
I doubt that. I am under the impression that medicals have to be done by authorised clinics and doctors only - most likely in your native city.
Moreover if they ask for my passport - that too will be a problem !!

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
Well First is Medical, later passport req.....First you will get req for medicals, later when cleared, you will get Passport Req. probably after 1-2 months later, as per my knowledge.
SO when you get the request for Medicals, there will be a period of 2months given to your to comply. My understanding is that you can have it anywhere you are. You can confirm it when you get the medicals with the Visa Office, and tell them that you are currently in US (At that time)...Should not be an issue. AS the meds received by me, dont have any info about where I should have medicals, just "Designated DMPs" (or I didnt look hard enough).

When you send your Medicals. It will take 1-2 more months for Passport and again there would be 60Days given to you, when you receive the Passport Req. That would make pretty good time for you to be back to your home country.

VCL

Oct 5, 2011
Thanks for the information. You made me feel at ease. :)
Anyhow considering the the way its been dragging - I think I might visit US and be back even before a request for medicals come. ;D

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
VCL said:
Thanks for the information. You made me feel at ease. :)
Anyhow considering the the way its been dragging - I think I might visit US and be back even before a request for medicals come. ;D
Dont worry you will make it :)
BEST OF LUCK....

VCL

Oct 5, 2011
Thanks again for the pep talk and for the prompt replies.
I wish you all the best for your immigration to canada. Cheers :)