+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it ok to travel for Family illness/death duties while waiting for PR Visa?

al4ya

Mar 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008
Med's Done....
Dec 2008
LANDED..........
Oct 2010
She should be Okay to travel. If she has her AIP, most likely no problems at all. I traveled while I was waiting for my PR, I had no problems getting back in. Just be honest and tell them why she had to leave.

johnnybgoode

Aug 24, 2009
Hey Toolman & al4ya ----

thnx for the info ---- we're just going to try being upfront, go with the correct info & some backing where possible... Although upset, my wife doesnt want to re-start the whole PR process from scratch - its taken 14 months to get this far....

we'll get through it - and get her back to the U.K. somehow!

thnx to all --

cheers, J.

johnnybgoode

Aug 24, 2009
Hi Toolman19562 ----

Thanks for your reply and sorry for your loss. With legit proof, there really should be a 'compassionate grounds' clause in the process - and an emergency number @ CDN Immig. The whole immigration issue seems so strict yet critically mismanaged at the same time - i'm not sure if this is by nature or by design - the number of applicants must be in the 10s' of thousands. It is in desperate need of organisation - and seems to be enough $$ ($1000+ per app.) to put some structure in place. we're on the outside, so who knows. just an observation.

some good news...since our post, my wifes' mother made a temporary recovery and is presently comfortable. miraculously, the Perm Residency also showed up a couple of weeks back - and so we're officially free to travel. took ages, some wrong moves, multiple certificates, visa extension, Dr. exams, etc..etc.....but finally we're holding status. PR app. started July/Aug 2009 - received PR Jan 2011

Good luck all - bare with it.

cheers, J.

johnnybgoode

Aug 24, 2009
whoops that should have been a reply to Candy -- thanks candy.

one other thing, MEGA thanks to everyone who has helped us here at CanadaVisa.com --- eveyone has been so helpful with support and suggestions during times of hair-pulling and stress.

If I can be of any help with info - please PM/DM me.

Cheers,

J.