+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it ok if I only mention the last three years experience under Work History in EE profile?

lovenrock

Aug 3, 2023
I have 7 years of experience in total spreading across three organizations. As we get the maximum CRS score for 3 years, I am thinking of not mentioning the previous 4 years of experience under work history as getting reference letters from previous employers will not be straightforward. Is it fine to skip the previous experiences to be mentioned?

Before starting express entry profile, it checks whether "you are eligible to apply or not". In the eligibility questionnaire, I selected "Six or more" option against the question "In the last 10 years, how many years of skilled work experience do you have?" and after answering all the questions, it showed that I am eligible to apply and I proceeded ahead with filling the other asked information to create EE profile. My main concern is that in the eligibility questionnaire, I chose 6 years of experience, and under work history, I am providing 3 years of experience only. Is that going to raise any issues during the processing or while getting the ITA?

Mainly I just want to understand, Does the work experience that I mentioned while checking the eligibility get saved as part of EE profile? or it's just for checking the eligibility on the fly?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I have 7 years of experience in total spreading across three organizations. As we get the maximum CRS score for 3 years, I am thinking of not mentioning the previous 4 years of experience under work history as getting reference letters from previous employers will not be straightforward. Is it fine to skip the previous experiences to be mentioned?

Before starting express entry profile, it checks whether "you are eligible to apply or not". In the eligibility questionnaire, I selected "Six or more" option against the question "In the last 10 years, how many years of skilled work experience do you have?" and after answering all the questions, it showed that I am eligible to apply and I proceeded ahead with filling the other asked information to create EE profile. My main concern is that in the eligibility questionnaire, I chose 6 years of experience, and under work history, I am providing 3 years of experience only. Is that going to raise any issues during the processing or while getting the ITA?

Mainly I just want to understand, Does the work experience that I mentioned while checking the eligibility get saved as part of EE profile? or it's just for checking the eligibility on the fly?
If you don't declare that work exp, you'll still have to justify it with something under personal history to explain what you did. If you do so, you'll lie/misrepresent for no reason. Better make an effort to collect the employment reference letters, show IRCC that you tried your best (attach email communication + LoE).

lovenrock

Aug 3, 2023
If you don't declare that work exp, you'll still have to justify it with something under personal history to explain what you did. If you do so, you'll lie/misrepresent for no reason. Better make an effort to collect the employment reference letters, show IRCC that you tried your best (attach email communication + LoE).
Thanks for the quick response, but in most of the places I have seen it's suggested to avoid any entry under work history where we are doubtful of getting the exact documents (having all the needed information) needed by IRCC.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Thanks for the quick response, but in most of the places I have seen it's suggested to avoid any entry under work history where we are doubtful of getting the exact documents (having all the needed information) needed by IRCC.
Not sure where you read that and what's the credibility of that. But generally, this is what we see - If there are unexplained gaps in your last 10 years, IRCC will send you a Schedule-A (ADR for history) and you'll either be forced to lie or admit that you skipped a critical info.

lovenrock

Aug 3, 2023
Not sure where you read that and what's the credibility of that. But generally, this is what we see - If there are unexplained gaps in your last 10 years, IRCC will send you a Schedule-A (ADR for history) and you'll either be forced to lie or admit that you skipped a critical info.
Ohh ok, I will try to mention all the details then. Thanks !!
One more thing, as I am primary applicant and my spouse is dependent on me, do I need to show her work experience as well and attach all the relevant reference letters even if her experience does not bring any crs score towards our profile? She is not having any canadian experience.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Ohh ok, I will try to mention all the details then. Thanks !!
One more thing, as I am primary applicant and my spouse is dependent on me, do I need to show her work experience as well and attach all the relevant reference letters even if her experience does not bring any crs score towards our profile? She is not having any canadian experience.
So, I talked to an immigration lawyer about my spouse when I was filling up my application post-ITA and they suggest to move my spouse's work experience to personal history - doing so won't require submitting any reference letters.

Reactions: lovenrock

lovenrock

Aug 3, 2023
So, I talked to an immigration lawyer about my spouse when I was filling up my application post-ITA and they suggest to move my spouse's work experience to personal history - doing so won't require submitting any reference letters.
ok got it, thanks!!