+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it misrepresentation?

salmbagjaf

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/misrepresentation.489323/

You are better off skipping that experience without tax and bank statements as no other documents could prove authenticity like them. Salary slips don't mean much without bank statements.

How much difference is it making to your application?
A lot! Without that experience I don't qualify to even enter the pool. The deal is I left my home country for the US 5 years ago. Got my masters in the US, and came here to Canada for a second masters and right after that I started my PhD. I have a really good education profile but my work experience is very limited. I only have TA/RA work experience from Canada and the US and that one year after my graduation back in Iran is the only work experience I have.
To be honest I have discussed this in Iranian forums and there are many people applying from Iran through express entry. Not a single person has been asked to provide bank statement or tax return for proof of work experience as far as I know. I am guessing that for Iranian work experience, they rely in organization insurance (which I don't have it as only people who have done the compulsory military service in Iran qualify for it) certificate and contract and pay slips (which I have).
The deal is, I am ok with my application getting rejected, as I already live in Canada and I'm in a great PhD program. However, if I am accused of misrepresentation then that would ruin my life. I am hoping that payslips, contract and reference letter along with the fact that they can call the company I worked for and talk to them will prove I am not presenting fake job documents.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I think not mentioning work experience when applying for a study permit is different than not mentioning degrees when applying for a study permit. I obviously wouldn't encourage either but I think you should be fine.

Reactions: salmbagjaf

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Suprised you can use RA/TA as 1 year of work experience. When I was an RA we got a very small honourarium for the year but got free room and board. Did you work as a full-time TA? Or part-time for many years. Wasn't sure whether TAing qualified because it is part of the PhD program.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
A lot! Without that experience I don't qualify to even enter the pool. The deal is I left my home country for the US 5 years ago. Got my masters in the US, and came here to Canada for a second masters and right after that I started my PhD. I have a really good education profile but my work experience is very limited. I only have TA/RA work experience from Canada and the US and that one year after my graduation back in Iran is the only work experience I have.
To be honest I have discussed this in Iranian forums and there are many people applying from Iran through express entry. Not a single person has been asked to provide bank statement or tax return for proof of work experience as far as I know. I am guessing that for Iranian work experience, they rely in organization insurance (which I don't have it as only people who have done the compulsory military service in Iran qualify for it) certificate and contract and pay slips (which I have).
The deal is, I am ok with my application getting rejected, as I already live in Canada and I'm in a great PhD program. However, if I am accused of misrepresentation then that would ruin my life. I am hoping that payslips, contract and reference letter along with the fact that they can call the company I worked for and talk to them will prove I am not presenting fake job documents.
Is your employer well known and verifiable through Google search ?

salmbagjaf

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Suprised you can use RA/TA as 1 yeqr of work experience. When I was an RA we got a very small honourarium for the year but got free room and board. Did you work as a full-time TA?
I actually can't use it. i made a profile without that work experience and entered my TA hours both here in Canada and back in the US. The result was that I am not qualified. I did TA for 5 hours per week for 2 years in UWaterloo and did between 5-18 hours for two periods of 10 months each back in the US (no summer TA available).
I have exhausted every method to be honest and it seems I have to declare that work experience to be able to qualify. For Iranian applicants no one has been asked to provide bank statement or tax slips thus far. The norm is that for doubtful cases, cic will ask for organization insurance certificate and if you don't have that the case is refused but that does not result in misrepresentation accusation.
Bottom line is, I am ok with the rejection of my application, as far as I am not accused of misrepresentation.

salmbagjaf

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Is your employer well known and verifiable through Google search ?
No. It is a small town factory. But proving the factory exists and is legit is not hard at all. In Iran, all factories must be properly registered with the ministry of work and industry. The factory has certificates from the ministry, and has been working for nearly 15 years.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
No. It is a small town factory. But proving the factory exists and is legit is not hard at all. In Iran, all factories must be properly registered with the ministry of work and industry. The factory has certificates from the ministry, and has been working for nearly 15 years.
May be you could submit them too. But if you look at many gcms notes, they mainly rely on web search to verify employer authenticity. I have seen people stuck in background check for months if they haven't worked for a web verifiable employers without any meaningful outcome.

Given that you have good grasp of the process, don't you feel that you have weak case to defend ? . I personally feel so.
One legal document like tax statement, bank statements at least would have strengthened your case.

salmbagjaf

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
May be you could submit them too. But if you look at many gcms notes, they mainly rely on web search to verify employer authenticity. I have seen people stuck in background check for months if they haven't worked for a web verifiable employers without any meaningful outcome.

Given that you have good grasp of the process, don't you feel that you have weak case to defend ? . I personally feel so.
One legal document like tax statement, bank statements at least would have strengthened your case.
Actually I just looked it up and the factory is listed in the ministry of work and industry's website. Ofcourse the info is in Farsi but it is all there, along with information about the head of the factory, what they are producing and the number of personel they have. I had no idea that those information are available online! I guess internet is not overrated ofter all!!
Is it all good now in your opinion?

Yaha14

Jun 11, 2017
It is so strange situation with Batman because he said he got the letter from cic asking to provide an additional documents. According to Batman post on forum cic letter also stated -if additional documents are not provided application can be refused as incomplete.

I can't understand now how cic could blame him of misrepresentation when they told him that his application "can be refused as incomplete" if he won't be able to provide an additional documents which he did not send them.

Last edited:

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
It is so strange situation with Batman because he said he got the letter from cic asking to provide an additional documents. According to Batman post on forum cic letter also stated -if additional documents are not provided application can be refused as incomplete.

I can't understand now how cic could blame him of misrepresentation when they told him that his application "can be refused as incomplete" if he won't be able to provide an additional documents which he did not send them.
"Refused as incomplete" is completely different from being charged with misrepresentation. If he didn't provide them the additional documents, quite simply, CIC could not complete processing of his case in order to make a decision, aka, the file is incomplete and will be refused.

However if he provided documents and they weren't convince the info he had supplied could be validated (and therefore legit), they could say he misrepresented information.

Yaha14

Jun 11, 2017
"Refused as incomplete" is completely different from being charged with misrepresentation. If he didn't provide them the additional documents, quite simply, CIC could not complete processing of his case in order to make a decision, aka, the file is incomplete and will be refused.

However if he provided documents and they weren't convince the info he had supplied could be validated (and therefore legit), they could say he misrepresented information.
Yes, but as far as I understand he provided just marriage certificate but not tax clearance and bank statement as they requested..and they still charged him with misrepresentation, even though they told that they would refuse the application if he won't provide the additional documents, which he did not provide.

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
Yes, but as far as I understand he provided just marriage certificate but not tax clearance and bank statement as they requested..and they still charged him with misrepresentation, even though they told that they would refuse the application if he won't provide the additional documents, which he did not provide.
Is there a thread anywhere that he specifically states he was charged with misrepresentation? The thread posted earlier only mentions they questioned him, not that they charged him.

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017

Yaha14

Jun 11, 2017
No where in Batman's post in that thread does he state he was charged with misrepresentation....
Batman titled the thread MISREPRESENTATION and written -"VO is saying I claimed points for fake job."

I reckon he was charged with misrepresentation according to the information above.