+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it legal to do two full time jobs on post grad open work permit

bee1

Jul 31, 2012
Hello everyone, is it legal to do two full time jobs on post grad open work permit? I will soon apply for CEC. I am already doing a full time job. I am thinking of doing another full time job due to money problem for some time. I am thinking of working 7 days a week. Monday to Friday - 1st job and Thursday to Tuesday - 2nd job. The second job I am offered is temporary. Can this cause any problem in my processing of CEC in future.

Thankyou for your time.

Reactions: Aishwarya Allada

mah121

Star Member
Jun 6, 2011
Hi, I also hold PGWP and you can have as many jobs as you like to have thats irrelevant as PGWP doesnt have any conditions on hours and employers. So you are good to go as long as you can manage it :)

Reactions: Rahul_Ram1008

rosty2

Jul 5, 2012
Scarborough
Category........
Visa Office......
CCP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 8th 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
Oct 25th
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
March 2nd 2013
Med's Done....
March 4th 2013
Passport Req..
April 4th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 17th 2013
LANDED..........
April 21st 2013
Unnecessary easy question.
It is legal.

But 2 full time jobs??? I give you 2 weeks to be exhausted at hell. Is better 1 ft and 1 pt.
Keep in mind that If you take all jobs to Canadians they will be mad against immigrants lol
If you have debts talk to your personal finance advisor for debt relief program.

bee1

Jul 31, 2012
Thanks for the response guys, it was a help. I was worried that my application might get rejected on the condition of working two full time jobs at the same time.
The company couldn't find someone for this post and they need it urgently. This job is only temporary and for only couple of months. The guy who was working there had to go out of the country bcoz his dad died so he will be back in couple of months. I was earlier looking for part time then this opportunity came so I am giving it a try. I hope it works out :).

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Like the others said, it's fine. The only thing I would watch for is taxes. Sometimes, having 2 jobs can put you in a different tax bracket and if they weren't taking enough taxes, you could end up owing the gov't. It's not a big deal, but if you can avoid it, it's worth it.

honeysingh

Feb 20, 2013
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Samaira8587 said:
If i do two jons on same work permit is it wrong? Do I need to apply for a new work permit for the second employer? I am on PGWP too.Please guide
Pgwp allows you to work for any employer... So you are good to work for any employer and you don't need a new work permit...

GAGGU KAUR

May 28, 2017
hi there...is it legal to do two jobs ? Monday to thurs (1st job)40hr and fri - sun (2ndjob)30 hr..Ist job is as a general worker and 2nd as health assistant..comes under Noc B .. Currently onPGWP ..can anybody reply me it is safer for me in future to apply under express entery.. can..IRCC will not create any issue ..?Thanks

Mjkab

Aug 29, 2016
hi there...is it legal to do two jobs ? Monday to thurs (1st job)40hr and fri - sun (2ndjob)30 hr..Ist job is as a general worker and 2nd as health assistant..comes under Noc B .. Currently onPGWP ..can anybody reply me it is safer for me in future to apply under express entery.. can..IRCC will not create any issue ..?Thanks
Yes on PGWP you are open to working any hours anytime, so far I know. its a open wp like any other worker.

lkorice

Jun 5, 2017
You can work as many jobs as your want as long as your work permit allow. However, later when you apply for express entry under CEC, you will need to prove you have a "full-year" experience in Canada. If, unfortunately, two of your job turns out to be shorter than 1-year, none of them will work for you under CEC.

Besides, I believe there is no "extra points" for you even you have two full-time under the CRS because the score is based on either:

1) one-year Canadian work experience
or
2) 2 or more year Canadian work experience

I assume they have to be the same employer. Thus, they care about is the length of your work. They are looking for people can have a stable job.

Link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

With Canadian work experience and a post-secondary degree:
Points for education + 1 year of Canadian work experience (Maximum 25 points)
Points for education + 2 years or more of Canadian work experience (Maximum 50 points)

GAGGU KAUR

May 28, 2017
thanks for your reply.. it was a great help for me..Yes ,iam working 30 hours full time every week continously without any break .. I think 1 yr experience is sufficent to apply under cec .. ?Thanks

Purple123

Mar 16, 2021
Can you work for two employers (1 full time and 1 part time (extra 6 hrs a week) while waiting for PGWP? I am assuming yes since no hours are limited by CIC. Just says you can work full-time while waiting...

Last edited: