+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

is it important to have a big wedding ceremony for sponsoring a husband

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
hi everybody,i do have this question a long time ago,,,im going to get married soon,and we wanna just get a small wedding ceremony with family,around 35people,,,,im from morocco,and i my fiancy is in newfoundland canada,she is coming soon to get married,,,so im asking all of you friends,if not having a big ceremony could be an issue for the sponsorship,,,thank you

ohman4966

Star Member
Nov 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No it will not be an issue aslong as there are friends and family there to show they know about your wedding and your relationship, it would be kind of suspicious if only you and your partner were there. Its all good as long as you have other proof of on going contact and maybe some visits besides just the wedding, we only had 8 people at our wedding but had many visits and contact everyday and they accepted our relationship as genuine.

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
yes brother,i completly understand and agree with you,,im planing to have a small ceremony,because to be honnest with you,my granmother is really sick,and she is old,i hope you know what im talking about brother,,,we should have a littel respect for her since she is really in a critical situation,,,,
ty very much othman

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
we had a small ceremony. my parents were not here cause its far and expensive. we had my husband's parents, sibling and aunt with uncle with their kids so overall 11 people. and im sure its not a bad thing.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
I think it is OK too, just make sure to have pictures of everybody who did come, and maybe some photos of everybody together. In my CAIPS notes, the visa officer wrote "traditional wedding. Few in attendance." Not good, I'm sure, and there were four people as witnesses at the civil ceremony, and about 30 people at the traditional ceremony and reception.

me1

Jan 19, 2010
ohman4966 said:
No it will not be an issue aslong as there are friends and family there to show they know about your wedding and your relationship, it would be kind of suspicious if only you and your partner were there. Its all good as long as you have other proof of on going contact and maybe some visits besides just the wedding, we only had 8 people at our wedding but had many visits and contact everyday and they accepted our relationship as genuine.
Hi
I need some advice
i am a Indian citizen at present in USA on work visa & planning to marry a Canadian PR holder in march 2010.
(1) i know him from past 2 months only and now we decided to get marry, will that make any difference when we apply for family visa from USA?
(2) is it true before apply for family visa (means before marriage) i have to show my stay in USA for a period of ONE YEAR?

Please advice.....

Corofino

Aug 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think it matters how big or how traditional the wedding is. Just take enough pictures. From the pictures they can tell if you are really happy or if this is just a fake wedding.

We got married on a beach, I rode there on horseback and I was wearing riding pants. The reception afterwards was at the barn in the pasture. So that's definitely something they could have had second thoughts about. But it looks like they didn't (I have already received my PPR and all the pictures came back).
And I don't think that they look just at the wedding. The rest of the relationship is equally important.

Miryam

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo, Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
November/2009
We had a very small wedding. My husband and I, a judge, and two witnesses. Total of 5 people. At the Visa Office they didn't think it looked bad or anything - when I ordered the CAIPS notes, the first thing they wrote (in the day they opened the package) is that they believe that our relationship is genuine, and that they recommended to waive the interview. :)

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know the visa office in Morocco does look at whether the wedding was traditional, involved family and met with customs. These are factors but they are not the only things they consider.

If you are planning a small party, just make sure you have pictures of you and your wife with your family celebrating your marriage. It would be best if you are both in traditional clothing as well. But you need to provide proof of other things as well to make your application strong and well rounded.

SIGH... People think these applications are easy when they are really not! A good application takes a lot of time, effort and sometimes money to do it right. It depends on the circumstances and if there are any "issues" like a big age difference, previous marriages, children, etc. Even how you "look" together can been an issue!

Good luck!

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
yes i do completly agree with you ressjom and i knew all of that is true and a good aplication needs time and hard work too,,,for the age difference,it's just 7 years,i think it's good,and i can tell you, we do lok very good together,,,lol :D,,,,
thank you very much from all my heart,for everybody here that helped me with theire answers,,,,
your brother mohamed

ambar

Star Member
Dec 1, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2010
Doc's Request.
15-06-2010
File Transfer...
03-03-2010
Med's Done....
10-11-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
28-09-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
I agree with everyone else, my husband and I had a small civil ceremony but also did it in court because we are from
2 different religious backgrounds. But we had a proper celebration when we went back home but what I did do was
include all of our pictures from our college days (before our wedding) and the wedding reception photos with family, plus any other proof you can provide them with will all help you, like any activities you have done together. I sent plane tickets, movie tickets, wedding cards from friends, love letters, emails dating back to 2006, phone bills from 2008 (just to give you some ideas) and of course a lot of pictures. Try including things which might have a date on it, like plane tickets or past emails to show that you
have maintained contact for all of these years. I also printscreened my hotmail inbox and my husband did the same to show that
we had kept eachother's emails for all of those years. Hopefully this will satisfy them!

I think it should be fine if you provide them with enough proof that they can tell you are in a serious and committed
relationship. I wouldn't worry too much if you did have a small wedding, because it's not uncommon. Oh and you could also
include letters from family members in which they state that they have witnessed your r/s develop throughout the years/months and that they can verify it is genuine. We did this as well and had 2 family members write letters for us and sign them.

I hope all of this helps you out, I think though if they need additional proof they will ask for it or might tell you to bring it to the interview.

Don't worry about it, I'm sure things will work out fine!

Gluck

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
My husband and I had a private ceremony, just the two of us.... Our application was approved in a pretty reasonable (read fast, well below processing average) time... I think if your relationship can be substantiated in other ways the wedding needn't be large or lavish at all... (we were expecting at the time)

isakben

Mar 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2009
File Transfer...
09-12-2009
Passport Req..
03-03-2010
Me and my wife had a casual ceremony early morning at a lake with only 2 exchange students as witnesses that we didn't know.
We were even wearing our hiking outfit for an adventure that day and we did not get asked about it or called in for an interview.

So i would say it's more about other supporting documents and photos than the ceremony itself.

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
I believe it really depends on the normal tradition of each country.

I know Morocco is famous for having larger wedding ceremonies, and that can be an issue. I have heard of many applicants being questioned and given a hard time because of small quiet ceremonies, and the small ceremony was a reason given for refusal. They cannot judge your relationship solely on that issue, but it can lead them to look at things with more of a doubt in mind. For some reason the people with the bigger ceremonies have a much easier time being accepted. I have met people that the only thing they seemed to have was the big ceremony, and they were accepted, while others who had more evidence and a small ceremony were denied. I know it's not fair, and doesn't make sense, but unfortunately it happens. I know very well the sizre of the wedding does not determine the validity of a relationship.
They seem to really judge on comparison of a normal Moroccan wedding ceremony

You never really know unfortunately.

We had about 150 people at our wedding, and the wedding ceremony was never an issue at the interview.

I am just posting what I have observed with regards to Moroccan weddings, and the view of the agents.

I really understand your situation with your grandmother is very difficult. I hope she will feel better soon. I wish you and your family the best.

Take care, and the best to everyone.

Another word of advice for applicants, try to put as much evidence as possible with the application. I believe that by the time you go to the interview , the agents have mostly made up their minds about the application from the evidence included. Don't just wait to take it to the interview, because they really don't have much time to look at evidence then. Take a lot with you to the interview also to be sure they know you have it, but don't make the mistake of only taking it to the interview, and not sending it with the application.

best of luck to all