+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it a safe bet to apply for EE with score 487?

enigmatic93

Star Member
Jan 8, 2021
Hello.. I have my spousal sponsorship application in process (applied in February 2021) and I thought to do IELTS and submit my express entry application as well. So after getting score and calculating my points, I have score of 487. In my home country, I worked for more than 3 years and I have only one experience letter from them dating back in 2015, and it does not mention about my hours worked or responsibilities but states only my position title and how long I have been working with them. I do have copy of initial contract and my paystubs from that job. However, I am unable to get in touch with someone in that company and get updated work experience letter. Though I really want to claim those points since it will make my application more stronger. What do you suggest? What should I be doing?

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
Hello.. I have my spousal sponsorship application in process (applied in February 2021) and I thought to do IELTS and submit my express entry application as well. So after getting score and calculating my points, I have score of 487. In my home country, I worked for more than 3 years and I have only one experience letter from them dating back in 2015, and it does not mention about my hours worked or responsibilities but states only my position title and how long I have been working with them. I do have copy of initial contract and my paystubs from that job. However, I am unable to get in touch with someone in that company and get updated work experience letter. Though I really want to claim those points since it will make my application more stronger. What do you suggest? What should I be doing?
If you have 487 points without your work experience you have pretty good chance to get an ITA once FSW draws resume. That being said if you need your work experience to count towards your points you definitely need an experience letter with IRCC recommended format i.e. roles and responsibilites on company letter head etc etc.

enigmatic93

Star Member
Jan 8, 2021
If you have 487 points without your work experience you have pretty good chance to get an ITA once FSW draws resume. That being said if you need your work experience to count towards your points you definitely need an experience letter with IRCC recommended format i.e. roles and responsibilites on company letter head etc etc.
I am already in Canada, would it be FSW for EE or CEC program for EE?

enigmatic93

Star Member
Jan 8, 2021
I am only concerned that if 487 points would be less for EE?
Also, I do have some documentation from my employer in my home country dated back from 2015, I am thinking to attach that, write a letter of LOE and claim points for it. Then its upto IRCC if they will accept it or not. I believe it wouldn't hurt.

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
I am only concerned that if 487 points would be less for EE?
Also, I do have some documentation from my employer in my home country dated back from 2015, I am thinking to attach that, write a letter of LOE and claim points for it. Then its upto IRCC if they will accept it or not. I believe it wouldn't hurt.
Last CRS cutoff for CEC stream was around 440 so you should be fine. Also your work experience should be in NOC 0 or A or B.

enigmatic93

Star Member
Jan 8, 2021
Last CRS cutoff for CEC stream was around 440 so you should be fine. Also your work experience should be in NOC 0 or A or B.
Alright. There is one more thing. Currently, I have been working as FT in provincial government. My job is not related to my field of studies. However, my employer (provincial government) offered me a FT job based on my post graduate work permit. So I am wondering if I can use this job as a "valid job offer" or not? I know that jobs with LMIA are "valid job offers" but how can I have any advantage of this job that I have right now? Any ideas on it? Thanks.