+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

is in Toronto an international secondary school ? and how can I get in ?

Pietro

Feb 28, 2009
Hello, My name is Pietro, I am 21 years old and I am from Italy . Unfortunately I haven't made highschool in Italy and I am wondering if is there any international adult highscool in Toronto or close to it, and if it does exist please I need some information about how to get in .. I tried to speak with some assistant at the canadian embassy in rome, but once I told them that I don't have the highschool diploma yet and told them that I want to study in canada they almost start to laugh and sent me back at the canadian immigration website saying that I can find any information I need there .. :( .. So, ok, I understand that is bad to do not have the highschool diploma in the 2009 but I am still 21 and I want to improve my life and I think they should have been more understanding with me instead to laugh and sent me back to the website :(. I can go at the adult school here in Italy for free but that will take me 3 years or more, and I can't wait for so long, my gf lives in Toronto thats the first reason why I would move there and study there and also to start a new life in a beautiful country .. Thanks :)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am highly skeptical that you would get a student visa to attend high school. There are upgrading programs in Canada but it takes a long time too and to get a student visa, you'd have to prove that you have enough money to pay for the school which is not cheap if you are not a permanent resident or a citizen and that you have enough money to support yourself and that you will go back when your visa expires which they will not believe if they find out that you have a girlfriend. If you find some kind of young workers exhange program between Italy and Canada, that might help you but otherwise your only chance is if you marry and your girlfriend sponsors you to come to Canada.

Pietro

Feb 28, 2009
Leon said:
I am highly skeptical that you would get a student visa to attend high school. There are upgrading programs in Canada but it takes a long time too and to get a student visa, you'd have to prove that you have enough money to pay for the school which is not cheap if you are not a permanent resident or a citizen and that you have enough money to support yourself and that you will go back when your visa expires which they will not believe if they find out that you have a girlfriend. If you find some kind of young workers exhange program between Italy and Canada, that might help you but otherwise your only chance is if you marry and your girlfriend sponsors you to come to Canada.
How should I prove them that I do have enough money to pay for school fees and everything else ?? do they check into my bank account ? So, I have some more questions to ask you. The last time that I been in canada I stayed 8 months and I was only allowed to stay 3 months, but it was been 6 months ago since I left Canada and I am now going back in April to see my gf, the question is will I have trouble with the immigration this time because I stayed there 5 months more with the visitor visa expired ?? do they know that ?? I guess they do .. :S .. One more question, can my Canadian gf marry me in Toronto being a visitor visa holder ? I want to apologize for my poor english, if something is not clear for you just let me know and I'll try to explain in a different way . I would also thank you for the important informations that you gave me .. I appreciated ..

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They might know that you overstayed and might deny you entry. If you get in on a tourist visa, you can get married, yes, just told tell the border guards that you are planning on getting married. To get married in Canada, you need to have your birth certificate and if you were married before, you need to have papers proving that your former marriage is over.