+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is IELTS really required if CIO gave a green signal in Initial Application sent

bhumyinder

Star Member
Oct 4, 2010
Seniors please advise on the following:

1. I received the letter from CIO advising to further forward my application to New Delhi. I had proved the proficiency in english language according to CIO instructions by producing all my school and college transcripts and all my contract letters from employers including the communication emails and pay stubs. New Delhi checklist asks for IELTS certificate where as CIO already cleared my papers. Should i tell New Delhi to refer to the photcopy of the set sent to CIO?

My letter from CIO does not tell me to submit the english language test scores.

Please advise.

Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

bhumyinder said:
Seniors please advise on the following:

1. I received the letter from CIO advising to further forward my application to New Delhi. I had proved the proficiency in english language according to CIO instructions by producing all my school and college transcripts and all my contract letters from employers including the communication emails and pay stubs. New Delhi checklist asks for IELTS certificate where as CIO already cleared my papers. Should i tell New Delhi to refer to the photcopy of the set sent to CIO?

My letter from CIO does not tell me to submit the english language test scores.

Please advise.

Thanks
1. It all depends on when you applied to CIO Sydney, if after 26/06/10 then IELTs has to be included. If after 10/04/10 but before 26/06/10 then you had a choice either IELTs or written proof, as you have submitted a written proof, if it is not accepted, you don't get a chance to submit IELTs If it is not sufficient, then you may get a very low mark in language. If it was submitted before 10/04/10 the officer may tell you to take IELTs.

bhumyinder

Star Member
Oct 4, 2010
Sir, i had submitted my application to CIO on 13th May 2010 along with the written explanation and in september got a response from CIO to further send my documents to the New Delhi Visa Office. This letter did not state anything about submitting the language proficiency test. what shall i do now??

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

bhumyinder said:
Sir, i had submitted my application to CIO on 13th May 2010 along with the written explanation and in september got a response from CIO to further send my documents to the New Delhi Visa Office. This letter did not state anything about submitting the language proficiency test. what shall i do now??
Nothing you can do. You decided to submit a written explanation of your language skills rather than IELTs, and if the VO decides it doesn't meet the proof for Canadian Language Benchmarks, then s/he will assign the points as s/he feels your written explanation is worth. It might be quite low. You don't get a second chance to take IELTs.

nascar

Nov 21, 2010
Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum andwould like to ask you guys if its really mandatory to send the IELTS scores. Me and my wife have both been educated in English and hence we wrote a cover letter with a letter demonstrating our proficiency in English.

Is this adequate or has any boby experienced any issues relating to non submission of IELTS score. Please let me know.

We had applied to CHC london and then the file was moved to Case Processing Pilot Ottawa (CPPC). We submitted our updated file in June and they confirmed receipt on June 18. We were send with one clarification so far on the status of my visa. How long does it take to get the letter for medicals from after sorting clarification.

Please advice.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

nascar said:
Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum andwould like to ask you guys if its really mandatory to send the IELTS scores. Me and my wife have both been educated in English and hence we wrote a cover letter with a letter demonstrating our proficiency in English.

Is this adequate or has any boby experienced any issues relating to non submission of IELTS score. Please let me know.

We had applied to CHC london and then the file was moved to Case Processing Pilot Ottawa (CPPC). We submitted our updated file in June and they confirmed receipt on June 18. We were send with one clarification so far on the status of my visa. How long does it take to get the letter for medicals from after sorting clarification.

Please advice.
It depends when you applied. If you applied prior to 26/06/10 then you could submit a written explanation of your language ability. After 26/06/10 you have to submit IELTs. If you submitted after 04/10 but before 26/06/10 you could submit either a written or IELTs, but if you submitted a written explanation, your language ability will scored on the written material submitted. No second chance for IELTs. If you submitted a written explanation before 04/10, and the VO feels it is not sufficient, you get a second chance to submit an IELTs.

nascar

Nov 21, 2010
thanks PMM....

I guess our English language ability is adequately demonstrated and I Hope... just hope that it does not become showstopper.

Yes we applied in June and we got the AOR for 18th June 2010. So I guess we are in the bracket of no second chances then...... Hope all goes well on that front...

At the time we applied IELTS dates were open only for July and we had to submit our updates by 24th June. Hence we wrote to them.

Cheers PMM thanks for explaning.

immigration1

Star Member
Feb 5, 2010
San Diego
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo USA
NOC Code......
0811 - Primary Production Managers (Except Agriculture)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
2nd AOR "In-process"
IELTS Request
Sent CIO - CHC VO
File Transfer...
Yes
Med's Request
no
Med's Done....
no
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
no
VISA ISSUED...
no
My situation is the same as you, I guess!!!
in my situation I tried 2times IELTS but not get 6.5 bands, both time get 6bands. 1st IELTS result submitted 6bands result to CHC with full docs, vo ask me for again IELTS and again 2nd time get 6bands , submitted it then after 15days VO ask me to submitt supported documents for language ability. I sent it but not reply or nothing change in E-case.

read my post : http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/less-points-because-of-ielts-result-pmm-qorax-req-ur-opinions-pls-t58631.0.html

now I already send proof of language ability as documentation created by me and waiting for respond from CHC, I submitted 6bands IELTS which not score complete points (67) but VO asked me to submit documentation which support to my English language ability. I sent 25pages printed material to CHC Buffalo.
hope will get success in this.
Prashant Desai.