+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IS CIC CRAZY ASKING FOR IRRELEVANT DOCUMENTS

PedDoc

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
Hi
I got an invite from CIC in last round
My son is 14 months old and he is Canadian as he is born in Canada ,though we have not applied or a Canadian passport .
Today my ITA got updated and they are
ASKING FOR HIS MEDICALS ??? is it required for a 14 month old who is a Canadian and not included in the application.
ASKING FOR HIS PASSPORT ??? Where do i get one in next 14 days .

Has CIC gone crazy

Maplemadness82

Dec 2, 2014
You will need to do the medicals.
They dont do blood or xray for kids. They just ask you few questions and check the vaccination chart.

You can upload this birth certificate with an explanation that he is Canadian born.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In reverse order:

Probably not *quite* crazy, just relying on machines which spit out requirements based on the parameters of what has been input... It's hard to programme common sense ;)

Passport office locations ("urgent" applications need to be done in person):
http://www.passport.gc.ca/service/index.aspx?lang=eng

Can you upload his birth certificate?

The computer "sees" you have a son. Until someone "tells" the computer that said son is Canadian (inputs proof), it doesn't "know" that he is & thus does not require a medical... :(

(NB: I completely understand your frustration: a friend's application was refused a couple of weeks ago because of a missing medical for a Canadian citizen child ... Her case is being resolved, but the system is clearly more than somewhat lacking :( )

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

PedDoc said:
Hi
I got an invite from CIC in last round
My son is 14 months old and he is Canadian as he is born in Canada ,though we have not applied or a Canadian passport .
Today my ITA got updated and they are
ASKING FOR HIS MEDICALS ??? is it required for a 14 month old who is a Canadian and not included in the application.
ASKING FOR HIS PASSPORT ??? Where do i get one in next 14 days .

Has CIC gone crazy

1, You should not have included him in the application. Just send a copy of his birth certificate. No medical, no passport.

wifedoctor

Apr 26, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-06-2015
Med's Done....
02-07-2015
Passport Req..
27-10-2015
PedDoc I'm in the same boat,

my kids are canadian and they asked for medicals, what did you upload? and was it accepted?

Please let me know, thanks..

abinto

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
My friend uploaded his daughter's birth certificate,front and back. baby was nearly 6 months old.

PedDoc

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
Hi wifedoctor
I contacted CIC through a CSE and they asked me to upload my Sons Canadian Birth Certificate and include it in additional documents with a letter of explanation.
ThanKs

Fitztorious

Star Member
Sep 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadian citizens do not need to upload a medical or a Canadian (RCMP) police certificate. This has been confirmed in multiple threads by numerous people calling in to CIC. The response is always to scan a copy of your passport/birth certificate and write a letter of explanation.

Hopefulguy

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PedDoc said:
Hi wifedoctor
I contacted CIC through a CSE and they asked me to upload my Sons Canadian Birth Certificate and include it in additional documents with a letter of explanation.
ThanKs
Through CSE and they replied that quickly? Interesting

Please go ahead with what they informed you.

Conor9900

Jun 20, 2013
I see from another thread that you are a May applicant PedDoc, good to see they're working on your application already (so am I)

PedDoc

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
Conor9900 said:
I see from another thread that you are a May applicant PedDoc, good to see they're working on your application already (so am I)

REPLY FROM CIC
Dear Client,

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada.

You need to clearly indicate all family members, including your common-law partner, who are already Canadian citizens or permanent residents in your Express Entry profile. You may return to the MyCIC main account page and click the “Modify Family Information” button in the top menu. Your Canadian citizen family members would not be required to undergo an immigration medical exam or submit police certificates as part of your application for permanent residence. Please upload a letter of explanation in the corresponding fields for your family members. You may wish to provide proof of your family members Canadian citizenship (e.g., birth certificate).

We hope this information will help you.

Sincerely,

XXXX, Agent XXXX

Citizenship and Immigration Canada

wifedoctor

Apr 26, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-06-2015
Med's Done....
02-07-2015
Passport Req..
27-10-2015
Thanks PedDoc, I will upload the BCs.

+1

PedDoc

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
Conor9900 said:
Hope we all get PR soon

Engineer2015

Jun 15, 2015
Following Canadian Experienced Class, do you think is enough to upload only foreign diploma under Education Diplomas/Degrees(required) button?
Basically CEC do not require ECA and I answered NO for the educational credential assessment but that upload button confusing me...
What they really want...