+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is CEC going to be of no use from now onwards?

Economist9

Star Member
Dec 3, 2021
Given that IRCC is so unpredictable and they can send invites to only certain in-demand NOCs, is it even remotely a possibility that someone relies on CEC from now onwards? Because even if we have 1 or 2 years of Canadian work experience, if our NOC is not in demand, then we will not get an invite.

What should someone do, who is soon going to finish their studies? Any ideas or suggestions would be most helpful. Thank you so much.

Reactions: Ashish2589

statstud2

Jan 3, 2023
Hi! Any ideas anyone, please?

What are people planning, whose PGWP is expiring in 2024 or 2025?
I'll personally wait and see what happens with targeted draws. My suspicion is that they will be parallel to general all group draws. Otherwise, CRS scores would be useless. My work permit expires mid 2025, so if I don't get the score I need this year, I'll just have to learn French to boost my score.

Economist9

Star Member
Dec 3, 2021
I'll personally wait and see what happens with targeted draws. My suspicion is that they will be parallel to general all group draws. Otherwise, CRS scores would be useless. My work permit expires mid 2025, so if I don't get the score I need this year, I'll just have to learn French to boost my score.
Thanks a lot for your reply. I agree - if the general all category draws continue and then if my score isn't enough, then it'll be a tricky situation.

Also, people need time to plan and prepare what and how they'll take the next course of action. If the categories are announced just before implementation, someone who doesn't come in the categories will not have enough time to try alternate pathways if there are any.

I wish IRCC could provide more information and be more open about the changes they're going to implement. The uncertainty is very difficult to deal with, especially for people who spend years of their lives coming here to study, and then work.

Reactions: statstud2

statstud2

Jan 3, 2023
Thanks a lot for your reply. I agree - if the general all category draws continue and then if my score isn't enough, then it'll be a tricky situation.

Also, people need time to plan and prepare what and how they'll take the next course of action. If the categories are announced just before implementation, someone who doesn't come in the categories will not have enough time to try alternate pathways if there are any.

I wish IRCC could provide more information and be more open about the changes they're going to implement. The uncertainty is very difficult to deal with, especially for people who spend years of their lives coming here to study, and then work.
Oh I agree transparency is definitely not one of the IRCC strong suits. I think they'll resume EE this month though. Might be on the 11th or 18th. And it has been reported that targeted draws will happen after Spring. So definitely at least after April/May, so there's hope there at least. Knowing IRCC, targeted draws will keep being pushed till Q4 or even 2024. That's what they did with the new NOC system. So I wouldn't worry much in terms of targeted draws.

Reactions: Economist9