+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC written Authorization letter

Ranga0585

Jan 6, 2019
Hello all, on Feb 27th, I sent an email for written authorization for my wife and baby. More than 40 days have been finished. Till now did not get any reply. As we are not getting for many days, a week back, I alone came to Canada (I have the closed work permit and TRV). I want to enquire about the status. Please let me know if anyone has an idea to enquire, can I send reminder or webform.

Actually I sent an email for authorization. But in the site it is mentioned that a Visa holder should send a webform and, if the Visa in processing should send an email. Although my wife and baby have visas, I have applied through the email instead of sending webform. Does it cause for the delay in reply. Please let me know if anybody has an idea, it would be great help for me. Whom should I contact? Can I reapply again?
Hi
This is the respoinse in the website
What to do if you’ve already applied for a visitor visa
If you’re an immediate family member of a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or permanent resident, and you already have a valid visa
You don’t need a written authorization from us confirming that you’re exempt from the travel restrictions. You don’t need to contact us.
Find more information on uniting with your immediate family members in Canada.
Step 1: Contact us, so we can prioritize your application
Contact us through our web form to tell us you’re exempt from the travel restrictions.
Read the instructions below to make sure your request is complete.
We’ll contact you within 14 business days of getting your complete request.
Do not book travel before you get your visa.
How to fill out the web form

1. Choose “Submit a travel exemption enquiry” from the dropdown menu, then click “Continue to form”.
  2. Fill in the personal information for the person who wants to travel to Canada. See below for more information on what to enter in each field.
  3. Agree to the consent and disclaimer and review your request before you submit it.
Submit only 1 web form request with all the required information and supporting documents.
If you send us multiple requests with different or missing information, your request will be delayed and may be refused.
Continue to web form
What to enter in each field
For all other questions
Find out how COVID-19 is affecting immigration programs and services. If you can’t find the answer to your question, contact us using our Web form.
Step 2: Show how you’re eligible to travel at this time
You must prove that you’re eligible to come to Canada by providing evidence as an attachment when you send us your request. The type of evidence you need to provide depends on what you qualify for.
If you’re outside the United States (US)If you’re travelling directly from the USWhat evidence to submit
All supporting documents must be in English or French. If they’re not in English or French, you must submit a certified translation and a certified photocopy of the document.
If you qualify as an immediate family member of a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or Canadian permanent residentIf you qualify as an extended family member of a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or Canadian permanent residentIf you qualify as an immediate family member of a temporary resident in CanadaIf you’re already authorized to come to Canada for compassionate reasonsIf you’re coming to take part in an ISSE
Step 3: Wait for a decision on your application
We’ll contact you, either through your IRCC Secure Account or by email, for one of the following reasons:
  • to tell you your application is approved
  • to tell you your application is refused
  • to ask you for more information, so we can make a decision
If your application is approved, we’ll tell you the next steps in the process.
If you originally applied for a visitor visa by paper, you can link your application to an online account. In your online account, you can see the status of your application.
Step 4: Prepare to travel
You need to prepare properly before you travel to Canada.
Before you travel, make sure all the documents you need, such as your written authorization from IRCC or the Public Health Agency of Canada, and your travel document (visitor visa or eTA, if required) are valid. If your documents are expired, you need to apply for new ones. Otherwise, you won’t be able to board your flight or enter the country.
Bring proof
You must bring evidence that you meet the eligibility requirements to travel at this time.
You must bring
  • the evidence you provided in your application (see step 2)
  • written authorization from IRCC (if you’re required to get one)
  • written authorization from PHAC (if you’re travelling for compassionate reasons)
  • written authorization from PCH (if you’re participating in an ISSE)
If you can’t provide this information, you won’t be allowed to board your flight or enter Canada.
Mandatory quarantine, COVID-19 testing and other requirements
Before you travel to Canada, make sure you know the rules and what you need to do before and after you arrive. Use the checklist that applies to you:
Report a problem or mistake on this page