+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Scarborough Applicants - Online Test/Interview/DM/Oath

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
I had a rather enlightening conversation with IRCC today where I learned that "my application is still within the 19-month processing window." :D
Mainly, I wanted to know where my application is being processed, and it's still Scarborough. Le grand sigh.

What do you mean you needed IRCC to tell you that you are in the 19-month window when you applied 6 months ago? or do you mean something else? or was that sarcasm for them giving u info you already know? :p

• Haha
Reactions: derkdsou

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
December 2022 eh. I submitted mine in December 2021. I'm also still within the 19 month processing "window". In my case, they do have to hurry up if they don't want me outside the "window". However, LPP is complete and all they have to do is schedule me in a citizenship ceremony. We'll see, lol.
Hoping for your LPP to be completed soon! I'm seeing more recent applications being completed faster, so there's good hope!
Jeeez this is evil!!!! i wish IRCC got fined every time they made someone wait long, or they had to pay the applicant 100$ Per day fo each day they wait outside the 12 month ( even though it would be tax payer dollars so we would be paying our selves lol)

Also, I think the reason we are seeing faster processing, is the money PM Justin gave IRCC to make technological advancements, they used it to speed up a lot of the stuff like BG checks and also the new online tool, so all the backlog we see the 73,000 application outside the 12-month mark are stuck in the old tooling, which they mostly seem to have a small task force working on them so they can keep the service standard that they have.

I wish you speedy processing, well at least speedy from today onwards since they already made you wait so long

• Haha
Reactions: ada228 and derkdsou

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
I had a rather enlightening conversation with IRCC today where I learned that "my application is still within the 19-month processing window." :D
Mainly, I wanted to know where my application is being processed, and it's still Scarborough. Le grand sigh.
I wonder if the processing comes down 7 months now and they say it's still in processing time when you sitting on 10th month.

• Haha

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Jeeez this is evil!!!! i wish IRCC got fined every time they made someone wait long, or they had to pay the applicant 100$ Per day fo each day they wait outside the 12 month ( even though it would be tax payer dollars so we would be paying our selves lol)

Also, I think the reason we are seeing faster processing, is the money PM Justin gave IRCC to make technological advancements, they used it to speed up a lot of the stuff like BG checks and also the new online tool, so all the backlog we see the 73,000 application outside the 12-month mark are stuck in the old tooling, which they mostly seem to have a small task force working on them so they can keep the service standard that they have.

I wish you speedy processing, well at least speedy from today onwards since they already made you wait so long
Lol yes they will be fined and then increase our expenses somewhere where they can make up for that $100. :D

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Oh yeah, nothing can or will stop IRCC from stating the obvious to the point where you have to wonder if the webform and call center features achieve anything at all.
I wonder if the processing comes down 7 months now and they say it's still in processing time when you sitting on 10th month.
Yep, rotate that screen like someone already said. I encourage everyone to make a signature to avoid the most basic questions.
Signatures don’t really show up on mobile devices.

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Oh yeah, nothing can or will stop IRCC from stating the obvious to the point where you have to wonder if the webform and call center features achieve anything at all.

Yep, rotate that screen like someone already said. I encourage everyone to make a signature to avoid the most basic questions.
what I have realized is that they have a set pattern when you call. Verify you>reconfirm what your query is> put you on hold> and then the obvious answers " your file looks fine, nothing required from your end at the moment and file within processing time"
I called them to ask for when can I expect my oath, you won't believe the lady did same steps mentioned above. They got the same access to the file as we have and nothing more then that.

Dutchgirl

Star Member
Oct 13, 2022

I'm alright, just wishing they'd hurry up a little ;-)

Yes, the tech advances do help. The 80% (which is what their "window" is based on) will get processed faster. The 20%? Ah, who knows...