+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC proof of funds and Lebanese banking system issue

aech

Apr 11, 2023
Hi guys,
Briefly, for those who don't know about Lebanon, we have an economic crisis and our banking system is collapsing.
I am having a big issue regarding the proof of funds to the IRCC express entry application, Banks aren't creating any new accounts, and if by any chance any bank did accept to the deposit of $12,000, I feel it is very dangerous to give all that I have to the bank to 6 months, all banks are at risk bankruptcy or merger, but even though I tried with many banks but they wouldn't open a new account for me. I don't know what to do, I am pending my application because of that I am desperate.
even with the gift of the deed, I have to open a bank account which I am unable to do.

HELP

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi guys,
Briefly, for those who don't know about Lebanon, we have an economic crisis and our banking system is collapsing.
I am having a big issue regarding the proof of funds to the IRCC express entry application, Banks aren't creating any new accounts, and if by any chance any bank did accept to the deposit of $12,000, I feel it is very dangerous to give all that I have to the bank to 6 months, all banks are at risk bankruptcy or merger, but even though I tried with many banks but they wouldn't open a new account for me. I don't know what to do, I am pending my application because of that I am desperate.
even with the gift of the deed, I have to open a bank account which I am unable to do.

HELP
Do you have any accounts outside Lebanon or can you open an account in a neighbouring country for example?

RK26

Apr 21, 2023
Hello, please what did you end up doing? by the way I know banks are willing to open fresh USD external accounts for new clients.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello, please what did you end up doing? by the way I know banks are willing to open fresh USD external accounts for new clients.
Would suggest consulting the embassy in Lebanon about what is being done for proof of funds given the banking system. This is a very specific issue. I don’t think Canada wants people to risk opening up other accounts in Lebanon just for POF.

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
I would just offer a letter of explanation that you're holding the funds in cash and will prove it upon landing due to the crisis you mentioned. If I was an immigration officer I think this is totally reasonable and would form some type of an exemption. Perhaps even go above and beyond and take a photo of you, with your passport, and show them you holding the money along with proof of where you got it from.