+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal Email SCAM OR NOT?

Daria_Iak

Oct 10, 2023
Hello,

I recently received an email from IRCC.ClientPortalEast-EstClientPortail.IRCC@cic.gc.ca regarding the Permanent Resident Confirmation portal process. It asks for personal details like eye color and height, UCI (Unique Client Identifier), original entry date, last entry date, and last entry place. While the email address appears to be genuine, the unusual spacing and excessive use of stars in the email body raise some doubts.

The subject line:
IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal / IRCC Portail de la confirmation de résidence permanente – (my personal application number)
The email says:

Welcome to the Permanent Resident Confirmation portal process. The attached PDF contains information and instructions regarding the confirmation portal process for your review. Once you have reviewed the document, hit reply to send the requested information outline in the document. ***Montreal IRCC***

;

Bienvenue au processus du portail de confirmation de la résidence permanente. Le fichier PDF ci-joint contient des renseignements et des instructions sur le traitement du portail de confirmation pour votre révision. Une fois que vous avez révisé le document, cliquez sur Répondre pour envoyer les renseignements demandés dans le document. ***Montréal IRCC***

I haven't received any prior notification about this process in the portal, which adds to my uncertainty. Does anyone know if it's legit?

Kananaskis

Star Member
Oct 4, 2023
Just for a future reference, anything after the "@" is what you check to know if something is a scam or not.
In this case, after the "@" it comes the address "cic.gc.ca" and if you type that in or Google it you will see that it is the official Immigration website, meaning it is a legitimate email.
Congratulations on the portal invite :)

Daria_Iak

Oct 10, 2023
Just for a future reference, anything after the "@" is what you check to know if something is a scam or not.
In this case, after the "@" it comes the address "cic.gc.ca" and if you type that in or Google it you will see that it is the official Immigration website, meaning it is a legitimate email.
Congratulations on the portal invite :)
That's great, thank you!

noxmachina

Dec 24, 2023
Hello,

I recently received an email from IRCC.ClientPortalEast-EstClientPortail.IRCC@cic.gc.ca regarding the Permanent Resident Confirmation portal process. It asks for personal details like eye color and height, UCI (Unique Client Identifier), original entry date, last entry date, and last entry place. While the email address appears to be genuine, the unusual spacing and excessive use of stars in the email body raise some doubts.

The subject line:
IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal / IRCC Portail de la confirmation de résidence permanente – (my personal application number)
The email says:

Welcome to the Permanent Resident Confirmation portal process. The attached PDF contains information and instructions regarding the confirmation portal process for your review. Once you have reviewed the document, hit reply to send the requested information outline in the document. ***Montreal IRCC***

;

Bienvenue au processus du portail de confirmation de la résidence permanente. Le fichier PDF ci-joint contient des renseignements et des instructions sur le traitement du portail de confirmation pour votre révision. Une fois que vous avez révisé le document, cliquez sur Répondre pour envoyer les renseignements demandés dans le document. ***Montréal IRCC***

I haven't received any prior notification about this process in the portal, which adds to my uncertainty. Does anyone know if it's legit?
Hey! I just received a similar email and wanted to double check. The PDF attached to the email also starts with Annex A1-Pre-email – Invitation /Online and seems to be from a template that had some missing info which made it seem extra suspicious. Mainly instead of an email in the PDF, it says
Code:
INSERT LOCAL EMAIL ADDRESS
and signs off with:

Sincerely,

(GCMS User ID)
(Office's city name)
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
I checked the email headers though, and it is indeed from IRCC.ClientPortalEast-EstClientPortail.IRCC@cic.gc.ca and passes SPF, DKIM and DMARC validation.

Should I proceed with the PR Confirmation Portal based on this email?

alex00

Star Member
Jul 2, 2024
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
05-06-2024
AOR Received.
03-07-2024
Hey! I just received a similar email and wanted to double check. The PDF attached to the email also starts with Annex A1-Pre-email – Invitation /Online and seems to be from a template that had some missing info which made it seem extra suspicious. Mainly instead of an email in the PDF, it says
Code:
and signs off with:

I checked the email headers though, and it is indeed from IRCC.ClientPortalEast-EstClientPortail.IRCC@cic.gc.ca and passes SPF, DKIM and DMARC validation.

Seems like it's probably legit based on the email address but it wouldn't hurt to call IRCC and confirm, would it?

noxmachina

Dec 24, 2023
I appreciate that but I went through that page before I posted on the forum. Emails can be spoofed, and my main concern was that the attached PDF was unlike any of the prior PDF attachments I have received from the IRCC. As mentioned above it appeared to be from a template with placeholder text not filled in and none of the official markings that letters from the IRCC usually have.

In any case, I have responded to the email since the origin of the email seemed legitimate.

Reactions: April1990

asifmmk

Dec 11, 2023
Code:
and signs off with:

I received a similar email last week with the exact same missing details. I called up IRCC and they mentioned to reply to the email that sent me letter. I have replied to this email id with all the details, waiting to hear back on next steps.

It was strange to receive the template email without all the details filled in.

asifmmk

Dec 11, 2023
Hi @noxmachina and @Abu-Saleh,

Which email id's did you end up replying to with your details?

I replied to the email id that sent the request but I have not received the portal details since the last two weeks.

noxmachina

Dec 24, 2023