+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC offices in Ontario are much more strict those in BC

Ouluman

Feb 29, 2016
I heard from a friend who applied through an ircc office in Surrey just rescheduled his oath ceremony in Jan 8th and got 2nd oath ceremony on 12th of Feb , so all in all he only waited for a little over a month , however I saw many posts by those who applied through offices here in On such as Mississauga or Scarborough ,it generally takes 4 months or more to get a new scheduled Oath ceremony date ,what do you think ?

D-Dog

Star Member
Feb 2, 2024
I would base my reasoning on a typical timeframe rather than a single individual's experience. If, under unforeseen circumstance like a death of an immediate family member, and I had to rearrange, I'd expect to be put to the back of the oath queue behind the thousands of others going through the process. Perhaps up to a six month delay. I wouldn't expect the system to work for my convenience, regardless of circumstances. Your friend in the west is lucky, I suspect.

fièrementcanadien

Star Member
Jan 31, 2024
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
Curious if you know whether asking for an in-person ceremony after you‘ve been scheduled for a virtual one puts you at the back of the queue? It’s a hypothetical question for me at this point but just thinking ahead.

I would base my reasoning on a typical timeframe rather than a single individual's experience. If, under unforeseen circumstance like a death of an immediate family member, and I had to rearrange, I'd expect to be put to the back of the oath queue behind the thousands of others going through the process. Perhaps up to a six month delay. I wouldn't expect the system to work for my convenience, regardless of circumstances. Your friend in the west is lucky, I suspect.

D-Dog

Star Member
Feb 2, 2024
Curious if you know whether asking for an in-person ceremony after you‘ve been scheduled for a virtual one puts you at the back of the queue? It’s a hypothetical question for me at this point but just thinking ahead.
I'm sorry, I have no idea. For me, though, I'd go for the path of least resistance. If I was offered either, I'd take them in a heartbeat.

fièrementcanadien

Star Member
Jan 31, 2024
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
I'm sorry, I have no idea. For me, though, I'd go for the path of least resistance. If I was offered either, I'd take them in a heartbeat.
Thank you. These days they default you to the online version and you have to ask for an in-person, as far as I know. When my time comes, I’ll follow up in this thread. :cool:

D-Dog

Star Member
Feb 2, 2024
Thank you. These days they default you to the online version and you have to ask for an in-person, as far as I know. When my time comes, I’ll follow up in this thread. :cool:
I think I'd like an in-person too, though I'm unsure if ceremonies are held in Victoria.

fièrementcanadien

Star Member
Jan 31, 2024
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
Following up, I went with the virtual option given it could take many months to get rescheduled for an in-person ceremony.