+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ircc asked additional documents but no option to upload documents

Dec 19, 2021
Hello,
I got married after submitting my express entry application.
Upon request to IRCC through web form, I got a request letter to submit additional documents and to pay fee to add my wife as dependent.

But there is no option to upload documents in my ircc portal.

Could some one please suggest if you have faced similar issue earlier?

Thanks in advance.

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
@
Hello,
Upon request to IRCC through web form, I got a request letter to submit additional documents and to pay fee to add my wife as dependent.

Thanks in advance.
@Yaswanth Sai Jaladanki you can uploaded all documents via webform

Dec 19, 2021
@daveishan Thank you very much for your quick reply.

I have raised a webform for the issue of not having option to upload documents and before 2 days, got an updated request letter from IRCC and now my portal also got updated and has an option to upload the documents.

Below are the list of few forms asked by IRCC.

 Forms
 Updated Generic Application form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or CLP
 Updated Additional Family Information form IMM 5406 for yourself and your spouse or CLP
 A completed and signed Schedule A Background/ Declaration IMM 5669 by your spouse or CLP
 Supplementary Information Your Travels form IMM5562 E for your spouse or CLP
 If applicable: A completed and signed IMM5409 Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union

I have a doubt for IMM 0008 and IMM 5406 whether I need to submit to copies for both myself and for my spouse or I need to submit the form by myself as principal applicant and add my spouse details as dependent.

In IMM 0008 and IMM 5406, we have spouse details under dependent section. So got a doubt whether I need to submit two sets of documents separately or just add spouse details under dependent section under same form which is updated by myself principal applicant.

Please help me in getting clarity on this.

Thanks in advance.

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
@daveishan Thank you very much for your quick reply.

I have raised a webform for the issue of not having option to upload documents and before 2 days, got an updated request letter from IRCC and now my portal also got updated and has an option to upload the documents.

Below are the list of few forms asked by IRCC.

 Forms
 Updated Generic Application form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or CLP
 Updated Additional Family Information form IMM 5406 for yourself and your spouse or CLP
 A completed and signed Schedule A Background/ Declaration IMM 5669 by your spouse or CLP
 Supplementary Information Your Travels form IMM5562 E for your spouse or CLP
 If applicable: A completed and signed IMM5409 Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union

I have a doubt for IMM 0008 and IMM 5406 whether I need to submit to copies for both myself and for my spouse or I need to submit the form by myself as principal applicant and add my spouse details as dependent.

In IMM 0008 and IMM 5406, we have spouse details under dependent section. So got a doubt whether I need to submit two sets of documents separately or just add spouse details under dependent section under same form which is updated by myself principal applicant.

Please help me in getting clarity on this.

Thanks in advance.
@Yaswanth Sai Jaladanki My reponses are given below:

I have a doubt for IMM 0008 and IMM 5406 whether I need to submit to copies for both myself and for my spouse or I need to submit the form by myself as principal applicant and add my spouse details as dependent. - For IM5406 you need copies both spouse and you. IMM008 you need only for yourself with spouse as a dependant

In IMM 0008 and IMM 5406, we have spouse details under dependent section. So got a doubt whether I need to submit two sets of documents separately or just add spouse details under dependent section under same form which is updated by myself principal applicant. - Just one form of IMM0008 and two forms of 5406.

All the best!

charmsel

Nov 5, 2015
Hello,

Thanks in advance.
Hi, i have same issue. No upload button on my gckey account. What did you do? Please advise.

Dec 19, 2021
Hi, i have same issue. No upload button on my gckey account. What did you do? Please advise.
I got an other request letter after 15 days and this time, the portal was updated with a button to upload documents.
You can raise a webform about the issue and they will send u another request letter.
I also got a reply from CIC in another webform that we can submit documents through webform and they will forwarded to your application.

Dec 19, 2021
@Yaswanth Sai Jaladanki My reponses are given below:

I have a doubt for IMM 0008 and IMM 5406 whether I need to submit to copies for both myself and for my spouse or I need to submit the form by myself as principal applicant and add my spouse details as dependent. - For IM5406 you need copies both spouse and you. IMM008 you need only for yourself with spouse as a dependant

In IMM 0008 and IMM 5406, we have spouse details under dependent section. So got a doubt whether I need to submit two sets of documents separately or just add spouse details under dependent section under same form which is updated by myself principal applicant. - Just one form of IMM0008 and two forms of 5406.

All the best!
Thanks for the reply @daveishan

I had below line in my request letter.
Does this mean that I can't upload the documents as a zip?
Can I send all the documents and forms appended as a single PDF?

How to submit the requested documents:
Please upload all requested documents and information to your MyCIC account.
Please note that we can only accept unzipped PDF, JPG or .doc files that are attached to an email,
totaling less than 5 MB.

If we do not receive the information/documents within 30 days, your application will be assessed based
on the information we have on file, meaning your application could be refused as incomplete.
Please note that documents in a language other than English or French must be accompanied by English
or French translations by certified translators. Please provide original documents when requested. Copies
signed by notaries cannot be accepted.

Thanks in advance.

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
Thanks for the reply @daveishan

I had below line in my request letter.
Does this mean that I can't upload the documents as a zip?
Can I send all the documents and forms appended as a single PDF?

How to submit the requested documents:
Please upload all requested documents and information to your MyCIC account.
Please note that we can only accept unzipped PDF, JPG or .doc files that are attached to an email,
totaling less than 5 MB.

If we do not receive the information/documents within 30 days, your application will be assessed based
on the information we have on file, meaning your application could be refused as incomplete.
Please note that documents in a language other than English or French must be accompanied by English
or French translations by certified translators. Please provide original documents when requested. Copies
signed by notaries cannot be accepted.

Thanks in advance.
@Yaswanth Sai Jaladanki IRCC does not allow zip files. you can try making a single pdf, but the size may exceed 5 mb. So, do consider making multiple pdfs. Also, if there is no location to upload on the portal, then you can share the pdf files via webform.

Dec 19, 2021
Hi @daveishan

Thanks for your previous responses and suggestions.

Today, I got 2 request letters from IRCC for passport submission.

One with my UCI and the other with my dependent(my spouse whom I recently added to my ongoing application) UCI.

In both the request letters, it is mentioned that we need to submit the request letter copy and original passports of the applicant and dependents.

My query is do we need to send two separate envelopes for myself and for my spouse or a single envelope with both of our passports and other documents to VAC?

Much appreciate your response and suggestions on this.

Thanks in advance.

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
Hi @daveishan

Thanks for your previous responses and suggestions.

Today, I got 2 request letters from IRCC for passport submission.

One with my UCI and the other with my dependent(my spouse whom I recently added to my ongoing application) UCI.

In both the request letters, it is mentioned that we need to submit the request letter copy and original passports of the applicant and dependents.

My query is do we need to send two separate envelopes for myself and for my spouse or a single envelope with both of our passports and other documents to VAC?

Much appreciate your response and suggestions on this.

Thanks in advance.
@Yaswanth Sai Jaladanki congrats on the PPR. i have not done this process yet, but from what i read online - you need separate envelopes for each passport. Please do check the procedure once online and on the VFS website too. All the best!

Dec 19, 2021
Hello @daveishan ,

We have sent our envelopes to IRCC through VFS Global on Mar 4th 2022.
Received few status messages and the latest one on Mar 7th 2022 was like "received at IRCC office and is under processing".
It has been 3 weeks and there is no further update on our package.
Is 3 weeks normal delay for stamping or Is there any way to contact IRCC to know the status other than WEBFORM?
Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
Hello @daveishan ,

Received few status messages and the latest one on Mar 7th 2022 was like "received at IRCC office and is under processing".
Is 3 weeks normal delay for stamping or Is there any way to contact IRCC to know the status other than WEBFORM?

Thanks in advance.
@Yaswanth Sai Jaladanki i am sorry i cannot be of help here. I have still not reached this stage to know what is the best way forward. Please check on the forum to know what can be done.

Wotsit

Dec 14, 2019
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
13-02-2020
Med's Done....
17-03-2020
Passport Req..
15-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2021
LANDED..........
03-12-2021
Hello @daveishan ,

Thanks in advance.
Hi, 3 weeks is normal. Ours took 3 weeks and a few days.
I believe that IRCC states to wait 30 days before contacting them because this is their usual processing time.