+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Iraq Parents sponsorship through Situation in Iraq priority processing

Boomrang

Aug 18, 2010
Hey everyone,

I am new to this forum,it looks very useful.

I am becoming a permanent resident in Canada in 2 weeks ( landing interview) , I am planning to sponsor my mom with my two younger brothers ( her dependent children), I am eligible financially to sponsor them and i do meet CIC requirements, I am wondering how long does it take for Damascus office to finalize their PR application after they start processing?

I believe there is a priority processing for family member affected directly by situation in Iraq, Unknown armed group kidnapped my dad because of our minority religion, since then nobody knows about him and he is missing, unfortunately we are about to get disappointed, I want the rest of my family to leave Iraq ASAP because they are facing the same danger every day, my two younger brothers are 22 and 24 years old but they are single and full time university students and they are dependent on my mom financially.

I haven't started the sponsorship process yet, Can anyone help me how to do it the right way so that in Syaria CIC will finalize their PR visa the fastest? They are in very tough conditions in Iraq after my dad's kidnapping, please any kind of help would be highly appreciated,I would like to know what Iraqi documents do they need to send to the embassy?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I cannot find anything more detail in the cic website about the priority processing, so you may check the website again or call 1‑888-242-2100 (in Canada only) for more information once you landed in Canada.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Boomrang said:
Hey everyone,

I am new to this forum,it looks very useful.

I am becoming a permanent resident in Canada in 2 weeks ( landing interview) , I am planning to sponsor my mom with my two younger brothers ( her dependent children), I am eligible financially to sponsor them and i do meet CIC requirements, I am wondering how long does it take for Damascus office to finalize their PR application after they start processing?

I believe there is a priority processing for family member affected directly by situation in Iraq, Unknown armed group kidnapped my dad because of our minority religion, since then nobody knows about him and he is missing, unfortunately we are about to get disappointed, I want the rest of my family to leave Iraq ASAP because they are facing the same danger every day, my two younger brothers are 22 and 24 years old but they are single and full time university students and they are dependent on my mom financially.

I haven't started the sponsorship process yet, Can anyone help me how to do it the right way so that in Syaria CIC will finalize their PR visa the fastest? They are in very tough conditions in Iraq after my dad's kidnapping, please any kind of help would be highly appreciated,I would like to know what Iraqi documents do they need to send to the embassy?
1. There is no indication on the CIC site that there is priority processing for Iragi parents/relatives since the initial press release in 2007 http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/information/faq/immigrate/sponsor/iraq-faq01.asp
2. So you will not be eligible to sponsor your relatives until you have earned enough in Canada after PR to meet the Low INcome Cutoff figure.
3. The processing in Mississauga is presently 37 months and then at present it is 14-24 months for 80% of the cases at Damascus.

Boomrang

Aug 18, 2010
Thanks PMM,

1- I called CIC and they told me that the priority processing does include Iraqi parents too. But I have to write 'Situation In Iraq' on the sponsorship application envelope when I send it, because it will be processed right away.
2- I have already stayed in Canada as a refugee for 3 years, in the last 12 months I have made enough money to meet the Low Income Cutoff for 4 persons (myself,my mom, and my two brothers).
3-Do you mean the priority processing time in Damascus is 14-28 moths?

Thank you very much..

I

iarblue

Priority processing for Iraq at the moment through Damascus is 6 to 10 months.The time will be determined by the part of Iraq they live in not Iraq as a whole.Some parts of Iraq are not as bad off as others.You will need to keep the income up to cover the four of them until they become PR's.They will ask you for your income tax return come Tax time,if they are not approved before tax season (april).
And as of the last few days they have been saying that Iraq is getting better,they have actually been pulling troops out.So if you plan on doing this you might want to do this asap.As the priority can change very qucikly.

auma

Sep 5, 2010
Boomrang said:
Thanks PMM,

1- I called CIC and they told me that the priority processing does include Iraqi parents too. But I have to write 'Situation In Iraq' on the sponsorship application envelope when I send it, because it will be processed right away.
2- I have already stayed in Canada as a refugee for 3 years, in the last 12 months I have made enough money to meet the Low Income Cutoff for 4 persons (myself,my mom, and my two brothers).
3-Do you mean the priority processing time in Damascus is 14-28 moths?

Thank you very much..
hi boomrang

i am living in iraq as refugee.i applyed from asylum status by UNHCR certificate to damascus visa office 2 mounths ago.nowadays waiting file number.i hope i will getting positive responce from visa office.30 per cent cases 4 mounths.50 per cent cases 7 mounths.(this information is on cic site)where are you from in iraq?can you sharing please if you have most information.

Boomrang

Aug 18, 2010
Hey Auma,

I wish I could give u more information,but my case is totally different from urs, since I applied for refugee within Canada, and now I am applying for sponsoring my Mother with my younger brother, I am just wondering how long would it take for processing thier file since there is a special program for families in Iraq affected direcly by the situation in Iraq.

I think you should send them all the documents together,make sure they are all completed and you send translation of your documents, I hope you will recieve an answer from them soon, good luck

auma

Sep 5, 2010
Boomrang said:
Hey Auma,

I wish I could give u more information,but my case is totally different from urs, since I applied for refugee within Canada, and now I am applying for sponsoring my Mother with my younger brother, I am just wondering how long would it take for processing thier file since there is a special program for families in Iraq affected direcly by the situation in Iraq.

I think you should send them all the documents together,make sure they are all completed and you send translation of your documents, I hope you will recieve an answer from them soon, good luck
hi boomrang
i read yesterday.damascus visa officers had completed file cases percent 80 for application of 2009.and january 1-june 30's cases completed.but visa officers had very busy nowadays.by the visitors.have your mother a sponsored certificate or not?you will be sponsor of them first and will completed their document.after your mothers and brothers will applyed for canada.this is that i am know.and canada government is know iraq's situation.therefore iraqian peoples have priority processing.your family living in kerkuk or not?i am not in kerkuk.