+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IQAS Wait Times

CanuckinNL

Mar 11, 2016
Hello,

My Dutch boyfriend sent in his application for an assessment by IQAS in November, and was notified that it was being processed in December. We are still waiting to hear something from them.. Is this normal in some people's experiences? As many of you know, it is very difficult to get in contact with anyone, so we have no idea what the status is.

Any help would be great, we are feeling pretty defeated!

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanuckinNL said:
Hello,

My Dutch boyfriend sent in his application for an assessment by IQAS in November, and was notified that it was being processed in December. We are still waiting to hear something from them.. Is this normal in some people's experiences? As many of you know, it is very difficult to get in contact with anyone, so we have no idea what the status is.

Any help would be great, we are feeling pretty defeated!
I am surprised to hear that. My spouse and I sent our documents in April and we got our report delivered within 10 days by FedEx.

iphie28

Star Member
Apr 6, 2016
I recently got my Law degree reassessed with IQAS after WES messed up my evaluation. My report was delivered in 11days through FedEx and it was accurately assessed. Reason you are having problems could be that your documents weren't sent in. Format requested by IQAS.

aluanaguimaraes

Star Member
Nov 18, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-03-2017
Doc's Request.
27-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
27-03-2017
Passport Req..
06/12/2017
I recently graduated from a Law School in Brazil (Civil Law - 5 years). Do you think IQAA is gonna assess as "bachelor degree"" or "entry level blabla more points"??? I saw WES gave you a bachelor degree and IQSA gave you a better evaluation. What do you think? How can I contact you?

SanKanKun

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
iphie28 said:
I recently got my Law degree reassessed with IQAS after WES messed up my evaluation. My report was delivered in 11days through FedEx and it was accurately assessed. Reason you are having problems could be that your documents weren't sent in. Format requested by IQAS.
Hi, I think I need to get my Post Grad Diploma re assessed , as WES has messed my evaluation, and given me no credit for it...just stated that it's a second under graduate major....I want to know how fast IQAS assesses and reverts back.

aluanaguimaraes

Star Member
Nov 18, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-03-2017
Doc's Request.
27-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
27-03-2017
Passport Req..
06/12/2017
I sent my documents from Brazil to IQAS on January 17th and it arrived there on January 23th, 10:00 AM. Still haven't got any email confirming the receipt of my documents, but hopefully will get one tomorrow, as they only just arrived. I hope the assessment is fast like some of yours because there will probably be a draw on Wendnesday February 8th, and as CRSs are getting lower, I really hope I might have a chance. But time is killing me. I called today Jan 24th and the employee said I need to be patient as they are getting a high volume of applications. I'm a little sad my assessment is not going as fast as I expected from ppls experience, but oh well what can I do? Nothing but wait...

aluanaguimaraes

Star Member
Nov 18, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-03-2017
Doc's Request.
27-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
27-03-2017
Passport Req..
06/12/2017
Received today at 10:00 (Edmonton time) the receipt of all my docs. This is what IQAS emailed me today:

"Thank you for applying to the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) for an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) for immigration purposes. This is to confirm that your academic documents were received by the IQAS office and your file is now placed in line for processing. Please visit iqas website for the current processing time.

During the assessment, you will only be contacted by our office if we require additional information or documents. Please do not call to inquire about the status of your application as this can delay processing. If you wish to add information to the application, or change information already submitted, you may mail or fax the information to:

International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS)
9th Floor, 108 Street Building, 9942 – 108 Street
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T5K 2J5
Fax: (780) 422-9734

PLEASE QUOTE YOUR FILE NUMBER ON ALL CORRESPONDENCE

Once the assessment is completed, the IQAS certificate will be mailed to you. You will receive an IQAS email notification with tracking number indicating that your assessment was completed and mailed. If you requested that the IQAS assessment be sent to a Canadian address, Canada Post will send you a Delivery Notice Card to that address to let you know that your package is available for pick-up at your local post-office. It is your responsibility to collect your package with the proper identification.

Sincerely,
International Qualifications Assessment Service"

I hope they are fast because today's draw was incredible and whoever is waiting like me is losing so much time! Will keep you updated as soon as I hear back from them.

newuser86

Jan 30, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-03-2023
Med's Done....
09-02-2023
aluanaguimaraes said:
I sent my documents from Brazil to IQAS on January 17th and it arrived there on January 23th, 10:00 AM. Still haven't got any email confirming the receipt of my documents, but hopefully will get one tomorrow, as they only just arrived. I hope the assessment is fast like some of yours because there will probably be a draw on Wendnesday February 8th, and as CRSs are getting lower, I really hope I might have a chance. But time is killing me. I called today Jan 24th and the employee said I need to be patient as they are getting a high volume of applications. I'm a little sad my assessment is not going as fast as I expected from ppls experience, but oh well what can I do? Nothing but wait...
Hey there, I am in the same situation as you. I have sent mine today and am hoping to catch the first draw in March. I was directed to IQAS by a fellow country man that used the service, so I am hoping that mine takes less than 2 weeks. Anyway, like you said we can only wait.

newuser86

Jan 30, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-03-2023
Med's Done....
09-02-2023
My documents were delivered on Feb 1, 2017 and they sent the notification on Feb 3, 2017. Unfortunately, I filled the wrong application form and then proceeded to reapply and complete a new check-list which I faxed on Feb 6, 2017 and paid on Feb 3, 2017. I then called to confirm receipt of the faxed documents which they confirmed, but I still haven't received an email confirmation that my application will begin to process. This is depressing, especially after seeing today's 3664 draw with CRS at 447. Well I'm waiting here... :-[

aluanaguimaraes

Star Member
Nov 18, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-03-2017
Doc's Request.
27-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
27-03-2017
Passport Req..
06/12/2017
Got my ECA by IQAS in 12 business days. It was very fast but I missed February 8th's draw by one day. Very frustrating but there is one tomorrow! Hopes up!!

newuser86

Jan 30, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-03-2023
Med's Done....
09-02-2023
All the best wishes!!! I am currently waiting my assessment report from IQAS. I'm aiming for March 8, 2017.

Regards
Javid

omarkhan

Oct 12, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-08-2017
AOR Received.
11-08-2017
Passport Req..
08/09/2017
I sent my application for assesment to IQAS a month ago, for which I received the confirmation email in two days after the receipt. However, my official transcripts were sent to and received by IQAS in two installments after a month's gap, and in spite of several days (8 days since the last transcripts delivered to them) already, I have not received any confirmation email. I am very worried. Could it be so that they might have misplaced my documents? Any suggestions? Should I call them or wait for a day or two more?

newuser86

Jan 30, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-03-2023
Med's Done....
09-02-2023
Hey Omar,
I think you should call as early as possible. They received my documents but there was a problem with the envelope and as such I had to re-request my transcripts, I was only informed of this after I called. I did resend the stuff and they confirmed receipt on Feb 17, 2017 but I am still awaiting the dispatch of my completed assessment report to date. I noticed the IQAS website having 15 days instead of the 10 days when I applied.

So do call early. All the best.

Regards,
Javid

BHULLAR07

Apr 14, 2017
aluanaguimaraes said:
Got my ECA by IQAS in 12 business days. It was very fast but I missed February 8th's draw by one day. Very frustrating but there is one tomorrow! Hopes up!!
Have you received ITA or still waiting?

thanks

BHULLAR07

Apr 14, 2017
I got second email of receiving my documents on 13 march. But I am still waiting for Final assessment. What should I do?

Should I call them or wait??

Help!

Thanks