+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IQAS & ICAS Experience and Timeline (and how WES sucks)

january570

May 12, 2017
I would like to share my experience with both credential evaluation services for your information. I feel a lot of people may need it.
I hated WES because they are just fraudsters. They will never pick up your call. and all their email response will come two weeks after with standardized language which does not address any of your questions. I was also told they intentionally delaying responding to your email so that you would pass the refund period - which happened to me. I told them what they were processing is not the service I want. But they just went ahead sending out their report and responded me several weeks after saying you can pay again for another service.

Therefore although they are the fastest, I opt it out. Anyways, if you don't mind, you should still use them.

I first started with ICAS. Huge mistake because I didn't do enough research and thought their processing time is an exaggeration.

ICAS: (responds fast by email. but really slow process)
05/09/2017 - followed up by email. office saying my file would be completed end of July. From mid Februray to end of July would be 5+ months.
04/13/2017 - followed up by email. office saying "For the Canadian Immigration Assessment Package which you requested, Assessment Officers are currently preparing reports for files for which we received appropriate documentation on, or before, October 31, 2016."

02/14/2017 Application reviewed for completeness and placed in queue for assessment
02/06/2017 Additional Information / Documents Received
02/06/2017 Additional Information / Documents Received
01/31/2017 Additional Information / Documents Received
01/18/2017 Application Received

IQAS: (no email to reach out to. but ppl on the phone are nice)
April 21 - post office showed deliver status of my application.
May 4 - this is the date IQAS should have sent me a confirmation/receipt. But they did not.
May 9 - I called and was told they have too much to do and there maybe delays. Only opened files up to April 27. My file was not yet in the system
May 11 - IQAS sent me confirmation of receipt of both application and academic files.

Advisor_PK

Star Member
May 12, 2017
Islamabad and Toronto
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
04-04-2016
I think WES and IQAS are considered the fastest. ICAS is very slow. Did you have a very complicated case? Usually the applicant does not need to communicate extensively with the agency.

january570

May 12, 2017
I think WES and IQAS are considered the fastest. ICAS is very slow. Did you have a very complicated case? Usually the applicant does not need to communicate extensively with the agency.
No... I have a really simple case to evaluate my master in US. That's it. But because when I was in US, I used WES evaluation for something else. They mixed up my accounts and sent my old reports and charged me, even when I tried to call/email - they just asked me to pay again after weeks of waiting. Got really pissed.

With IQAS, things at least seem hopeful

cvjorodn

Apr 17, 2018
IQAS is the worst service ever if you want transcripts for immigration or Education purpose just choose WES or any other service. These people are completely irresponsible, my wife had been waiting 4 months in the process, and today they told her they lost the documents. On top, it wasn't because they called.
They are really irresponsible, I recommend don't lose your time and money on this service.