+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Intra transfer Work permit application - NY consulate: Processing delays

brahmakulath

Mar 4, 2013
Hi Friends,

I am new to this forum and this is my first post. I request your guidance/advice on my situation.

I have submitted an intra-transfer work permit application at the New York (NY) consulate on Jan 18th. The NY consulate website has stated a processing time of 30 days. But in my case 6 weeks have completed and I am still waiting for the work permit. My US work permit is expiring on April 4th before which I have to leave US with my family.

Please advise if anyone else has submitted their work permit in NY consulate around the same time. Also is there any way I can request Canada NY consulate to expedite my case. Any inputs on this front is much appreciated.

Thanks and have a good day.

Regards,
Gabriel

Buleg

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
Nomination.....
30-05-2013 LOA dated 10-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-10-2013 thru email
IELTS Request
Already submitted
File Transfer...
11-09-13
Med's Request
21-11-13
Med's Done....
27-11-13 results submitted//add'l med req 01-13-2014 submitted 1-30-14
Interview........
Ecas "in process 2-18-2014"
Passport Req..
08-04-2014 (Apr. 27, '14 ecas changed to decision made)
LANDED..........
22-03-2014 entered as TFW under YNP/May,22,'14 Landed as Immigrant
brahmakulath said:
Hi Friends,

I am new to this forum and this is my first post. I request your guidance/advice on my situation.

I have submitted an intra-transfer work permit application at the New York (NY) consulate on Jan 18th. The NY consulate website has stated a processing time of 30 days. But in my case 6 weeks have completed and I am still waiting for the work permit. My US work permit is expiring on April 4th before which I have to leave US with my family.

Please advise if anyone else has submitted their work permit in NY consulate around the same time. Also is there any way I can request Canada NY consulate to expedite my case. Any inputs on this front is much appreciated.

Thanks and have a good day.

Regards,
Gabriel
Hi,

How's your application? Did you get any response from CHC-NY?

brahmakulath

Mar 4, 2013
Hi,

I received a mail from the consulate on March 7th stating that my work permit is approved. Now I am waiting for the passport.

Regards,
Gabriel

Mar 20, 2013
Hello Gabriel,

Did you receive your passport back? I am in the same situation and have not received mine so far. I have submitted the application on Jan 14th.

Thanks,
Vamsee

brahmakulath

Mar 4, 2013
Hi Vamsee,

Yes I received the passport back. It took around 8 days. If you have an urgent need, request the canada consulate and request permission to collect the passport in-person. I did that.

Best of luck.

Regards,
Gabriel

Mar 20, 2013
Hello Gabriel,

Actually I do not know if mine was approved. I received just one email stating that my application is still under review. How did you contact the consulate?

Thanks,
Vamsee

dodo321

Apr 17, 2013
Hi,

I also applied at New York consulate by post on March 04th(I applied from Phoenix). I track USPS daily but no updates. I did not even receive any email from consulate about my ICT work permit for Canada.

Could anyone tell me the email address where I can contact them. They do not pick up the phone. Will going in person help ?

dodo321

Apr 17, 2013
brahmakulath said:
Hi Vamsee,

Yes I received the passport back. It took around 8 days. If you have an urgent need, request the canada consulate and request permission to collect the passport in-person. I did that.

Best of luck.

Regards,
Gabriel
Hi Gabriel,

Could you please tell how to send request to consulate if I plan to collect passport in person.

Mahavir1008

Apr 25, 2013
Hi DEDO - Any updates on you Work permit application? I am also waiting..filed around the sametime as your. Please share if you hear anything from consulate.

Sen_1911

Star Member
Mar 14, 2013
Hi DEDO / Mahavir1008 ,

Have you guys got your work permit approved .

If so can you please share your timeline . It would be useful for those who are waiting .

Thanks
Sen_1911