+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

interview tomorrow

cute123

Jun 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 14 2008
hi, does any one know if they let you know of the decision they make after the interview or they send you their decision via mail?

medellinguy

Jul 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2010
Doc's Request.
Everything in order I guess
AOR Received.
07-04-2011
File Transfer...
03-12-2010
Med's Done....
15-09-2010
Passport Req..
07-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2011
LANDED..........
07-09-2011
I am not sure but I think you know after the interview...

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Dec 2008 2nd Meds done Jan 2011 Medical Results have been received March 11
Interview........
AIP interview Aug 09 Security interview May 2010
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
Good Luck ! hope you get some good news :)

kemeshia

Star Member
Feb 11, 2009
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Did they ask you to bring your passport? If yes, and they take it, then you will be aprove. if not, then you will see decision made on your ecase and then you will get your letter.
Good luck.

cute123

Jun 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 14 2008
thanks everyone......yeah i will let you guys know.....i hope everything goes well

Dikz

Star Member
Oct 10, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good luck and stay positive!!

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
Congrats! I'm very curious as well, what was the interview like?

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
The questions they ask at the interview really depend on so many factors. I just had my interview in September and my result was positive. I am now awaiting some final paper work and processing to complete my application.

From my own experience, the interview questions available online are a good beginner to know your spouse and also to revise on the things you thought you knew but couldn't elaborate for 2+ mins. Be CALM at the interview. Do not act strange or show signs of nervousness even though you may be and sweating non-stop. Dress appropriately (business casual and preferably stick to dark colors if you know you sweat a lot when you become nervous). Greet your IO as he/she approaches you. Introduce yourself and tell the IO in the interview if you prefer for you or your spouse or both be called a different call name to make the interview more relaxing. Most importantly, gather, gather, gather a lot of evidence in a very easy to maneuver fashion and bring them with you at the interview. I think I killed a big enough tree with the amount of printed pages I had (300+ in legal things and about 200 more in pictures from trips, activities, etc). Have everything (pens, elastic, sticky notes, paper clips) at hand reach in case you need to clarify anything with your IO or add more docs. Study the information you submitted in your application like you're studying for a board exam. Make sure you study the fine detail such as DOBs of family members, previous work histories of your spouse, previous relationships of your spouse if mentioned, of the application because those are the things that come back to haunt you in the interview.

Now, for my interview I did pretty much everything mentioned above. Was nerve wracking as ever while sitting in the waiting room but as my IO approached me I felt a little more relaxed and told myself that this is my one and only chance to man up to things and leave my best impression ever. As my IO and I were engaging in a very informal conversation, YEAH, he used words like "S**T", "Stupid" etc, he scrolled through my application in his computer and as he came across things he questioned me. Some of the questions were:

- Tell me how you met your partner (this is where studying the info in the app becomes very useful). I pretty much told him exactly how it was in the application
- How much does your spouse make a year
- How do you get along with families on both sides (my family don't know about my marriage bc they wouldn't be accepting of it)
- When was your spouse born
- How did your spouse come to Canada and with whom
- When were you married
- What does your spouse do and where does he work
- Has your spouse ever had any past rships (this was a tricky question to which I answered YES because it was true but then I told the IO that it's something we don't talk about but I was aware of it)

These questions were thrown at me as the IO went through the application in his computer. In the end he said " I have no problem with your application and I will push for approval. You will hear from me in two weeks" ..... LOL .... only flaw in his words was I never heard from him in two weeks. Still waiting on a letter from the VO.

Hope my experience and input in the interview fright helped. I was too nervous for weeks before my interview and as time came near I felt as if I wanted to give up but once you know you are truthful and have nothing to hide you will find all your time taken up over stressing about the interview was pointless after you walk out the interview room.

Best wishes!
-

Dikz

Star Member
Oct 10, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
confusednscared said:
The questions they ask at the interview really depend on so many factors. I just had my interview in September and my result was positive. I am now awaiting some final paper work and processing to complete my application.

From my own experience, the interview questions available online are a good beginner to know your spouse and also to revise on the things you thought you knew but couldn't elaborate for 2+ mins. Be CALM at the interview. Do not act strange or show signs of nervousness even though you may be and sweating non-stop. Dress appropriately (business casual and preferably stick to dark colors if you know you sweat a lot when you become nervous). Greet your IO as he/she approaches you. Introduce yourself and tell the IO in the interview if you prefer for you or your spouse or both be called a different call name to make the interview more relaxing. Most importantly, gather, gather, gather a lot of evidence in a very easy to maneuver fashion and bring them with you at the interview. I think I killed a big enough tree with the amount of printed pages I had (300+ in legal things and about 200 more in pictures from trips, activities, etc). Have everything (pens, elastic, sticky notes, paper clips) at hand reach in case you need to clarify anything with your IO or add more docs. Study the information you submitted in your application like you're studying for a board exam. Make sure you study the fine detail such as DOBs of family members, previous work histories of your spouse, previous relationships of your spouse if mentioned, of the application because those are the things that come back to haunt you in the interview.

Now, for my interview I did pretty much everything mentioned above. Was nerve wracking as ever while sitting in the waiting room but as my IO approached me I felt a little more relaxed and told myself that this is my one and only chance to man up to things and leave my best impression ever. As my IO and I were engaging in a very informal conversation, YEAH, he used words like "S**T", "Stupid" etc, he scrolled through my application in his computer and as he came across things he questioned me. Some of the questions were:

- Tell me how you met your partner (this is where studying the info in the app becomes very useful). I pretty much told him exactly how it was in the application
- How much does your spouse make a year
- How do you get along with families on both sides (my family don't know about my marriage bc they wouldn't be accepting of it)
- When was your spouse born
- How did your spouse come to Canada and with whom
- When were you married
- What does your spouse do and where does he work
- Has your spouse ever had any past rships (this was a tricky question to which I answered YES because it was true but then I told the IO that it's something we don't talk about but I was aware of it)

These questions were thrown at me as the IO went through the application in his computer. In the end he said " I have no problem with your application and I will push for approval. You will hear from me in two weeks" ..... LOL .... only flaw in his words was I never heard from him in two weeks. Still waiting on a letter from the VO.

Hope my experience and input in the interview fright helped. I was too nervous for weeks before my interview and as time came near I felt as if I wanted to give up but once you know you are truthful and have nothing to hide you will find all your time taken up over stressing about the interview was pointless after you walk out the interview room.

Best wishes!
-
Thank you sooo much for your post! My interview is in December and a day hardly goes by without thinking and fretting about it. But you are right if you know you are truthful, there shouldn't be much to worry about.

I hope you hear from them soon.

embopj

Aug 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
November 2010 Approve
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010
LANDED..........
February 2011 - snow storm
hey guys share ur story during interview and possible questions... thanks