+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

interview in los angeles

baccs

Apr 1, 2015
so i have a interview in los angeles, and on the interview letter i have received, it says i need to bring a list of documents... It says i have to bring my meds and criminal record sheet... in terms of my meds, they have been extended with cic but on the sheet it states that the meds should not be any longer than 15 months, and the date of my interview my meds willl be 17 months deep, so do i need to get new meds just for the interview? and for the criminal records, it takes 14-15 weeks for the fbi to provide a rap sheet, and my interview is in 12 weeks from now, will a fbi channeler work because it will not come in time for the interview if i go directly with FBI?

also any advice for the interview will be greatly appreciated thank you so much guys you guys are awesome!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIC does not accept Channeler reports. You will need to send off your fingerprints and the FBI paperwork ASAP and let CIC know that you will provide the letter once you receive it from the FBI. Since CIC is well aware of the FBI delays, they should be willing to work with you on this...I hope.

It also sounds like you will need a new medical as well, unfortunately.

Good luck!

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
apply for your GCMS notes to see if there is any reference as to why you were called for an interview. If there is information available, make sure to bring substantial proof to overcome those concerns.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
CDNPR2014 said:
apply for your GCMS notes to see if there is any reference as to why you were called for an interview. If there is information available, make sure to bring substantial proof to overcome those concerns.
Agreed. Interviews are typically called because they have specific concerns about your relationship. Best to find out what those concerns are in advance so that you can bring evidence to address these concerns.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Didn't you submit an FBI report with your application? If you did, perhaps you can use a channeler report for the interview. I'd at least ask, and/or get the FBI report at the same time.

The US citizen interviews I've read about on here are usually due to criminality issues, or large mistakes in the application (such as applying as conjugal)

baccs

Apr 1, 2015
im thinkin its due to an eligibility reason of overstaying before without applying for extenion, but its been 2 years and my wife has been able to cross to canada and is in canada with me as a visitor now

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
baccs said:
im thinkin its due to an eligibility reason of overstaying before without applying for extenion, but its been 2 years and my wife has been able to cross to canada and is in canada with me as a visitor now
i'm not so sure. generally CIC doesn't care about past overstays or entrance issues and generally that alone is not cause for US interviews. this is the reason for the pr application, to get the permission to be in canada permanently.

are there other relationship validity, dependant or criminality issues; could someone have reported something to CIC out of spite; or is she a resident (not citizen) of the US? again, your GMCS notes may provide some sort of clarity on the reason for the interview. it is not common for a US citizen, even if they have had entrance issues in the past.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
baccs said:
I don't think it's overstay related. Especially if she's gotten back in since.

Did she provide an FBI clearance with her application?

baccs

Apr 1, 2015
yes FBI was provided and we have no criminal issues... maybe because we are a young age of 23 and 20?

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
baccs said:
yes FBI was provided and we have no criminal issues... maybe because we are a young age of 23 and 20?
I highly doubt that would be it. From what I've read, it takes either something serious to get an interview in LA or a very weak application without much proof of the relationship. Especially since the applicant seems to be from the US. Interviews for Americans are on the rare side.

How much and what kind of proof of relationship did you submit?

M

mikeymyke

No that's probably not it. Not to be a downer, but usually applicants from the US have a very easy time getting PR, and for someone to get an interview out of the US, it must be something pretty big. Is there anything you can think of that might lead to an interview?

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
baccs said:
Did you have perhaps a very short relationship? Is she a citizen of another country as well?

The good news is, I've not read of many cases where a US citizen was refused at the interview. Just make sure you order notes and go over some of the interview questions. Here's some of the questions asked at an LA interview: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-interview-questions-t157678.0.html

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
I'll be honest; I don't mean to be rude, but if the applicant has zero criminality issues, there has to be something going on that the OP hasn't said yet. The OP has really given very little detail about their application. Either there's a big red flag that hasn't been mentioned or there was very little proof of relationship in the application or a combination of that and a lot of major mistakes. Something seems very fishy to me. It normally has to be something pretty major for a US citizen to have to attend an interview at LA.

I don't see how a short relationship by itself would be an issue unless it was incredibly short.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Decoy24601 said:
I'll be honest; I don't mean to be rude, but if the applicant has zero criminality issues, there has to be something going on that the OP hasn't said yet. The OP has really given very little detail about their application. Either there's a big red flag that hasn't been mentioned or there was very little proof of relationship in the application or a combination of that and a lot of major mistakes. Something seems very fishy to me. It normally has to be something pretty major for a US citizen to have to attend an interview at LA.

I don't see how a short relationship by itself would be an issue unless it was incredibly short.
Well, I assume they have some kind of standard. Even for Americans. But otherwise I agree, the OP hasn't really explained any details of his wife's situation so we are just speculating. I tried reading up on some US citizen interview reasons, a few I found:

• Applicants from other countries of citizenship but going through the Ottawa/LA office
  • Applicants who were in a same-sex relationship
  • Criminality issues (obviously), such as being accused of being a hacker.
  • Someone who was rather vague about a relationship concern the officer had
  • Applicant who applied under conjugal but living in the US
  • Blatant misrepresentation
  • One guy who's app was sent to LA, with allegedly no known reason. Possibly by mistake.

baccs, did you receive any docs requests before this interview invitation?