+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Interview in June with Buffalo amid its office closure

AW2011

Oct 26, 2011
2joys said:
Hey Everyone!
We just got our Passport request today. Alhumdolillah!
Almost done, we are praying for you all too!
Hugh Congratulations to you both! :p
Did your PPR come by mail or email? We can't wait till our turn!
Wish you both a great life in Canada!

AW2011

Oct 26, 2011
Ambber29 said:
Hey AW

How did you find out that they waived your interview??
LA never mentions anything like interview. They did started processing our application in November 2012 & requested re-medical a couple of weeks after. We were/are not worry about interview, just want this years long process done and finished.
If I were you, I wouldn't too worry about the interview neither as long as they are working on your file. Good luck.

2joyswifey

Jan 18, 2013
cindy-cn said:
Hi guys,
I just got my passport back this morning. :)Thanks for your support.I believe good news will come to you soon.Hang in there. Here is my timeline, I hope it can be helpful.

Application was received: 2011/11
transfer to Buffalo:2012/01
Interview was scheduled at: 2012/07
interview was canceled and case transferred to Ottawa:2012/7
FBI required at :2012/10
passport required :2012/12/12
issued at :2013/01/8
passport received:2013/1/18

I don't know how to land, could anybody tell my the details? It's like I need to sign some forms, but my English is not good for that.I'm worried about that. Thanks again.

Hi, cindi_cn. When did you send your passport? I just want to get an idea how long it takes from the VO's receipt of passport until it is received by the applicant.

Thank you!!! Have you landed already?

Ambber29

Star Member
Jul 28, 2011
Hi joy

Did la interview you guys ?

We had interview in july 2012 but it was cancelled
La or ottawa have not even requested our medicals again
We are living apart for almost two years

2joyswifey

Jan 18, 2013
Ambber29 said:
Hi joy

Did la interview you guys ?

We had interview in july 2012 but it was cancelled
La or ottawa have not even requested our medicals again
We are living apart for almost two years
Hi, Ambber29. Our interview in Buffalo in July 2012 was cancelled too. LA Visa Office informed us of our new interview date in September 2012. We had our interview in November 2012. We got request for new medical in December and request for passport on February 19th. They have not returned our passports yet. :(

It will be 2 years on March 31 since CIC received our application. The waiting never ends.

Ambber29

Star Member
Jul 28, 2011
No it does not show on ecas
We called the call centre and they said that it was transferred to LA in Feb
We re did the medical today there is no way they can extend our medicals since it will be two years for our medical in May
Hopefully we will save some time

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
So, I had my interview.. Sharing my experience with you all

My interview was scheduled at 9.30am at LA VO. me and my husband reached there 1 hour before and we parked in the same building. We went to the consulate at 8.45am. That time there was just one person who had appointment. we sat there and people started coming (i dont know for what reasons as I was so tensed) I was looking for the receptionist to whom I had to give the evidences which were requested in the letter to be submitted before but she never asked me so. finally after 1 hour of waiting, my name was called and I went in.(I knew they would interview me more than my hubby but still we both were prepared if cross questioning happens incase) the Visa Officer came and she started asking me questions (in a polite manner) the very first question was "is your sponsor with you ?" ( the interview letter stated me and my husband's name so he had to be with me ) I said yes. then she asked me questions related to me that from how long I am in US (as I am immigrant here), where do i work ? why I keep going back to my country (NZ) after that she asked my passport and then she started asking questions about my relation (from starting till now), my family(parents), husband... Questions she asked were simple but tricky but i knew so much about my husband that i answered her in an ease manner and in confident way and then after 45 minutes of the interview she asked me to call my husband as she wanted to ask few questions to him. and then my husband came in she asked him few questions and then (FINALLY) she said she has no obligations related to my relationship and can go ahead with the issuing a permanent resident papers but the medicals expired few weeks ago so she will ask for extension and hopefully if she gets extension then she will request for my passport. and she congratulated us. wow

Believe me I had 2 Bags and another one of my wedding album as proofs but Visa Officer did not ask me anything not even my marriage certificate. (I guess I was lucky )

I knew already that I would not be asked for my passport that very time but still I am happy that I came more closer to the ending of this process which started a year and a week ago.

Thanks to everybody here who helped me sharing their interview experiences and who gave me suggestions ..
Hoping the extension from Ottawa would not take long ....
BTW any idea how long do they take to give extension? ? ? ? ?

Ambber29

Star Member
Jul 28, 2011
Congrats SIMB,
AWW2011 are you able to contact your MP often? Our MP says to contact only every three months. I think the whole process is not fair.
I emailed Minister few times but did not receive any reply in last four months.

We submitted our application back in 2011 and people are getting through from 2012.
How is it possible that we were scheduled for interview and background check was pending when we inquired in Sep 2012. It should be done before interview right?

How long does it take?

We finally redid the medical last week and our doctor will forward it to Ottawa by the end of this week? How much time does this take?

I am frustrated

AW2011

Oct 26, 2011
Ambber29 said:
Does someknow know how long the background check takes ?
Hi Ambber29,

This forum has lots of info on background check:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t39578.0.html

FALL

Nov 21, 2011
Hello AW2011 and moochops,
I was wondering if your GCMS notes mentioned that Security or Background check has started. Latest GCMS notes that I ordered in Jan didnot mentioned that they were started. I was wondering in this case how long should I expect to wait?

AW2011

Oct 26, 2011
FALL said:
Hello AW2011 and moochops,
I was wondering if your GCMS notes mentioned that Security or Background check has started. Latest GCMS notes that I ordered in Jan didnot mentioned that they were started. I was wondering in this case how long should I expect to wait?
The wait for Background Check varies from case to case depending on your nationality, places you have lived or visited in the past and your VO. It could take a few months to more than a year.
We've just ordered GCMS and will let you know when it comes. The last inqury by our MP in mid March showed that background check was not completed. And our file went in process end of Nov. 2012. Re-medical requested mid of Dec. 2012 and received beginning of Jan. 2013, updated on Ecase Medical Received beginning of Feb. 2013.
Best of luck to you.