+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Interview at the port of entry

scan22578

May 18, 2009
Hello Guys / Gals,
I recently got my passport stamped and now I have to visit Canada to get the landing documents (Actual PR). I have till first week of Nov to do so. I am a provincial nominee (Alberta). So -

Do I have to land in Alberta? or Should Alberta be my final destination?
How would be the interview at port of entry? Me and my wife have couple of forms that we have to take. And I think the Port of Entry officers will interview us and sign it. Would that interview be tough, easy, time consuming? Any information would be helpful.
Since I am in the economy class I need to show proof of funds, till I find a job in Alberta (because of the provincial nomination or can it be elsewhere in Canada?). Can I tell them that I have a job in the US and I will keep searching in Alberta and move to Canada as soon as I find a job? (And I do have a job in the US).

Please let me know. Again, any information will be extremely helpful. I am planning for a visit in October. Thanks again

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should either land in Alberta or land elsewhere with a ticket taking you on to Alberta. Your intention should undoubtedly be to settle in Alberta. You can tell the IO you are not ready to move yet but you are eager to visit your new home province. If they suspect that your intention is not to settle in AB, they can withhold your PR and you will have to convince AINP that you still intend to settle if you still want it.