+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Interview at Detroit Office

mpp2009

Sep 1, 2009
I have been called for an interview at Detroit consulate. I did my medicals & paid the RFPR fee in April. Along with the medical papers, the officer had asked me to submit "further evidence of my work experience" so I submitted a new set of reference letters. This apparently did not satisfy him & I am being called for an interview.

My question is "Will I get a "yes/no" on interview day, or after listening to me they will take time for further checks." Also if I get a "yes" will my passport be stamped on the same day (or within the next couple of days.)
Please remember I have already done the medicals & they have asked me to bring my passport to the interview.

The reason I am asking this is because I have to plan my US visit itinerary. I have heard that US officials have refused entry (at point of entry) in the past if people didn't have their return tickets ready if the stay is a short one like mine (just attending the interview).

mpp2009

Sep 1, 2009
Anybody has any experience with interviews. I know people who were handed their medical papers after a successful interview. But in my case medicals have been done.

bobine

May 5, 2008
did buffalo transfered your case to detroit???
if yes then i will tell that i've heard that they do call for interview and stamp your passort at the same day.
2 friends of mine got their visa that way but i must say it was in QSW case tho!
just make sure u take w/ u all proof to support ur case...
u r almost done bro ....good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
You will most likely know if you have been selected or rejected on the interview date. Chances are also they might evaluate your case again if they are not satisfied with your answers. Security checks are usually not conducted after the interview. Most of the questions will be related to YOU, your family, your JOB, your reasons to immigrate, and your success factor in case you are accepted as an immigrant. They won't ask you anything you don't know already.

mpp2009

Sep 1, 2009
Thanks for the replies.

Yes, my file was transferred from Buffalo to Detroit under FSW. Once I get my CAIPS file I'll be in a better position to prepare for the interview.