+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Interpreter/Representative

capricorn786

Nov 17, 2014
I'm sponsoring my husband from Pakistan, and we're presently in the process of filling out the forms. I was wondering, since my husband's English is poor, can I act and sign as an interpreter for him, as well as a representative on his behalf to receive all correspondence from CIC? I filled out all his forms by getting all his info from him over the phone, then sent him the forms to obtain his signature. Would they have an issue with that?

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
You don't need to sign as interpreter for helping your husband fill out the forms. Many people, myself included, help their spouses with the forms and are not seen as a formal interpreter. You should however, allow your husband to answer the questions in his own language and translate his response into English. It will be much more authentic that way.

Yes, you can sign as representative in order to ensure you receive all of the transpondents from CIC. I did the same for the reason that my husband didn't always have reliable internet access. No concern there. Just fill out the form with your name, your husband must sign it, and send it in with the application.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Lots of people have helped their spouse fill out the forms, and CIC does not usually see that as a problem. However, make sure your husband does know what the forms say. He signed them; if he is interviewed, they will ask him questions based on the answers he gave on the forms. The visa officer will not be happy if he says he just signed the forms and doesn't know what they say.