+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Internationally educated nurses only...

bree

Oct 18, 2011
Hi I am currently a practicing RN here in BC, I've seen so many questions and inquiries about nursing process or those who wish to come to Canada and practice in this regulated profession. I am here to help, the best way I can if I cannot answer your queries I would consult my colleagues...I'd been there and I'd been through the process..I may have travel a different path but for those who wanted to practice
the nursing profession here in Canada you have to stay focus...it's a long journey but keeping your patience, staying positive and not losing your focus is the key. Don't expect that when you come here you can easily pick up from where you left off, at some point you have to start from the beginning...there's no short cut. I would try my best to answer your questions straight and direct still the choice is yours...I just wanted to help people in realizing their dreams. Goodluck!

iblessed

Mar 8, 2012
Hello bree thank you for your post. I plan to stay in Ontario and hope to get there by summer if LVO give PR by then. I have already applied for registration and send some documents but i am still in my job here in the UK as a RN in theatre, and i feel your help and advice will be greatly appreciated. Please can you email me at odettec1@yahoo.com.

Thank you.

Omo Naija

Jul 11, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 24, 2013
Hi bree,

Please my wife is a graduate of chemistry but intends to switch into nursing practice in canada (we intend landing in Saskatoon)....

Please can you advice on the modalities to achieve this seamlessly and if there are any courses / exams that she can do from our home country (Nigeria)

Thanks for the help...

chizzy

Star Member
Apr 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
11-01-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
22-11-12
Med's Done....
05-12-12
Interview........
hoping its waived.
Passport Req..
22-08-13
bree said:
Hi I am currently a practicing RN here in BC, I've seen so many questions and inquiries about nursing process or those who wish to come to Canada and practice in this regulated profession. I am here to help, the best way I can if I cannot answer your queries I would consult my colleagues...I'd been there and I'd been through the process..I may have travel a different path but for those who wanted to practice
the nursing profession here in Canada you have to stay focus...it's a long journey but keeping your patience, staying positive and not losing your focus is the key. Don't expect that when you come here you can easily pick up from where you left off, at some point you have to start from the beginning...there's no short cut. I would try my best to answer your questions straight and direct still the choice is yours...I just wanted to help people in realizing their dreams. Goodluck!

Wonderful thread bree,

I am an internationally trained RN, applied for registration with CRNBC, I was asked to do SEC last year FEB, traveled to BC and had the SEC, was told to have another 4years degree of nursing to register as an RN otherwise I can go through LPN,
I started up registration with CLPNBC, right now I have been confirmed eligible to write the CPRNE since May 2012 but havnt been able to book for the exam because I was hoping to write the exam when I finally move to Canada with my family,
May 2013 was given as my deadline to write the exam or I will re-apply for registration if I wish to continue and be re-assesed by CLPNBC if I dont write the exam by MAY 2013,
I am kind of confused because I just did my medicals last month and not sure if my PR visa will be stamped before may so I can travel to write the exam, I contacted CLPNBC to extend the exam and let me take a refrehser course for 6 months before the exam but they said most schools at BC dont offer refresher programs for LPN anymore, its either I wrte the exam by May ,or take Acess program or even re apply for registration if I dont write the exam. dont really know which is Acess program and dont wish to re-apply either.

Please I would like to know if you can advice me on what to do about this, you can PM me your number so I can contact you since you are in BC and am planning to land in BC.

Thanks and sorry for any typo error.

chizzy

Star Member
Apr 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
11-01-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
22-11-12
Med's Done....
05-12-12
Interview........
hoping its waived.
Passport Req..
22-08-13
iblessed said:
Hi Chizzy what is SEC and how do you apply for that.
Thanks
Hi iblessed,

SEC is(Substantially Equivalency Competency test),its require when you apply to CRNBC for registration,
Its used for internationally trained nurses to determine if you need more training before writting the national exam to be licensed as RN in BC, and to know what sort of training you would need,
I dont know if Ontario does that, I guess their process is a little bit different and I dont know much about it.

Maya Diaz

Sep 24, 2014
Hi there. I want to ask a favor from you guys if you could able to give me some notes to review for cprne .I'm planning to take the exam on jan. 2015.i want to start an early self review.i live here in Brampton,on.anyone suggests a cheap review center here in Brampton or Mississauga.thanx a lot.mabuhay!

Wesley2017

Sep 5, 2017
Hello everyone,
My wife is a register nurse in Kenyan and looking at the International educated nurse graduate certificate program in BC. Has anyone on gone through the program if so what was your experience ? How long did it take you before you start working as a RN? ANY info will be helpful as we plan this new journey in her life. Thank you

Reactions: Lavtaz