+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INTERNATIONAL STUDENT WANTS TO CHANGE PROGRAM AND SCHOOL.

patricknoble

Dec 22, 2017
Hello everyone, i got here in canada last dec 2, 2017 and my school will start on january 2018 at NSCC Ivany Campus. I enrolled Electronics Engineering Technician (2 year course), and i have 2 years valid permit. I graduated computer science in Philippines, and now I am planning to change my program which is related to my course i took in our country. But the problem is the Computer related field would be on September intake. Please give me good advices for my situation. Thank you!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone, i got here in canada last dec 2, 2017 and my school will start on january 2018 at NSCC Ivany Campus. I enrolled Electronics Engineering Technician (2 year course), and i have 2 years valid permit. I graduated computer science in Philippines, and now I am planning to change my program which is related to my course i took in our country. But the problem is the Computer related field would be on September intake. Please give me good advices for my situation. Thank you!
If you don't attend school this semester you student visa will be cancelled after 90 days. You can't work unless you are studying full-time. Yes you can switch schools and attend a new program in September but you would need to apply for a new student visa.

patricknoble

Dec 22, 2017
If you don't attend school this semester you student visa will be cancelled after 90 days. You can't work unless you are
If you don't attend school this semester you student visa will be cancelled after 90 days. You can't work unless you are studying full-time. Yes you can switch schools and attend a new program in September but you would need to apply for a new student visa.
I am planning already to change DLI institution at ECLC which I would take is the English learning program full time. Can I work part time while studying? I read that I cant work off campus. Any advice pls?

patricknoble

Dec 22, 2017
I am planning already to change DLI institution at ECLC which I would take is the English learning program full time. Can I work part time while studying? I read that I cant work off campus. Any advice pls? I want to wait until september 2018 for another course.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am planning already to change DLI institution at ECLC which I would take is the English learning program full time. Can I work part time while studying? I read that I cant work off campus. Any advice pls? I want to wait until september 2018 for another course.
No you can't work while take an short ESL course. You will also have to notify CIC that you are changing programs. The instructions are online.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=487&top=15

neba676422805

Jan 19, 2018
Hello, please what did u finally do? I am facing same problem. I want to change my program and the next available one is fall 2019. Can I wait