+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INTERNATIONAL STUDENT TAKING SEMESTER OFF FOR FULL TIME WORK HELP HELP HELP HELP

Jacklin Cruze

Feb 12, 2018
I started my class from winter.If i want to take summer off can i do it or can i work in full time that time.And i want to do the next fall and winter without any break

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
I started my class from winter.If i want to take summer off can i do it or can i work in full time that time.And i want to do the next fall and winter without any break
You can only work if a scheduled break not if it is a break you have decided to take.

Yakki

Apr 30, 2018
Hello everyone iam an international student came to study 16 months cource as networking technician in January 2018, I have completed my first semester and planning to continue my second semester it will be completed in 3 months in next commingled July can I take a semester break after that as it completes of two semesters (8 months) and can I work full time on my sin. Or does it creates any issue for my work permit and PR need some suggestions thanks in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone iam an international student came to study 16 months cource as networking technician in January 2018, I have completed my first semester and planning to continue my second semester it will be completed in 3 months in next commingled July can I take a semester break after that as it completes of two semesters (8 months) and can I work full time on my sin. Or does it creates any issue for my work permit and PR need some suggestions thanks in advance.
Depends if it's a scheduled break in your program or not.

Yakki

Apr 30, 2018
Depends if it's a scheduled break in your program or not.
It's not a scheduled break but my cource instructor said you can take a break in between your cource if i need college is ready to give me a break. So , can I work full time during the break ?

PARAM-

Star Member
Apr 5, 2018
It's not a scheduled break but my cource instructor said you can take a break in between your cource if i need college is ready to give me a break. So , can I work full time during the break ?
NO, you can't work in unscheduled breaks. yes, you can take breaks. but keep in mind it will affect you PGWP.

sathanava

Dec 24, 2017
Hi,
I'm in a similar situation, I'm planning to do 1 year post graduate certificate next year, in college website they have stated it as 8 months course, however when I queried with them they said it will be considered as 1 year course. My question here is after completing my course in 8 months, will my visa expires after 90 days? In consultancy firm, they advised to start in jan and then work on summer and complete studies by end of the year. Is it possible to do so?

John_22

Oct 21, 2018
Does anybody here has resolved the problem and got approved for PGWP? I am currently enrolled on an ESL program for Fall term and Im planning to take a semester off this Winter term to take a break and go back home for awhile. I'll be studying further courses leading to obtain a diploma after I finish ESL program. Am I still be eligible to apply for a PGWP after I finish a Course full time?

Aashmeet

Nov 12, 2018
Hi . I am international student and started my course in may 2018. I am planning to take jan 2019 semester off. Can i do that??

Joshua123

Sep 28, 2018
Hey! So my case is a bit different. Actually i came to canada in January 2019 and it’s been a few days since i came here. The program im enrolled in right now, i find it a bit difficult and feel that there are no job opportunities later in life. So i want to switch to another program but the program i want to get in is only available for fall intake. (I am here for my post-secondary studies btw) now i doing one semester with the common subjects of the program i want to switch and it will end in april. So my question is if i have take drop (whivh i really don’t want to take) from april to September, then will it affect my PGWP??? I am not taking a drop to make money or something. It’s just that I don’t have any other option. Help me pls. I called cic website but i there always high number of calls so I never get a chance to speak to an agent.

King2525

Jan 20, 2019
Hello sir/medam,
My question is that Can I able to
Work fulltime or parttime in summer break?
But scenario is that, My study program has completed but I have one subject left and That subject just open in September, so, legally can I work FT or PT in this officially summer break?

Thank you
Please reply

Arshdeep01

Jul 27, 2019
First of all,Your English is all over the place. From what I've understood ,

You've been studying Fall 2016 and Winter 2017 but working Summer 2016 and going to work Summer 2017. If I've got that right , You don't have a problem .

As long as you're a full time student during Fall/Winter terms , CIC will be satisfied with your status. You are then entitled to work full time during summer irrespective of the classes you take during summer .
Hi there, i have a question too, i took a semester off
There's nothing you can do - the damage is done. You violated the terms of your study permit in 2016 and engaged in illegal work. It's possible CIC may no longer see your study permit as being valid since you failed to attend the 2016 fall semester. You can apply for a PGWP after you complete your studies however you should expect it to be refused. Hopefully you weren't planning on trying to qualify for PR. It's going to be a great deal more difficult now without a PGWP.
hi there, i have a question too, i took a semester off because of depression, i have a doctor note but the thing is my semester was from 6 january to 30 April and the date on the doctor note is 25 may. So i just want to know about that am i still eligible for PGWP or not? I did not work until i was a part time student. I have a valid reason (doctor note).