+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International student spouse Visa: Seniors Help

curvingpaths

Jul 13, 2011
Hellow Every One

I want to know that can an international student bring his wife to Canada. I arrived in Canada on 26 August 2011 as an international student. Now wants to bring my wife to Canada.

1. Can any body tell me what are the documents rerquired for this.
2. Which Catagory applies.
3. How much time it takes to get wife visa approved.
4. What are the chances to get wife visa approved and how can I improve my chances.

Thanks for your help!

Regards

abhisri200k

Star Member
Oct 6, 2009
India
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
Doc's Request.
08-02-2017
Nomination.....
05-05-2017
AOR Received.
15-06-2017
IELTS Request
08-02-2017
Med's Request
06-07-2017
Med's Done....
12-07-217
Passport Req..
22-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2017
LANDED..........
02-02-2018
my suggestion > not to apply now
What you can do is:
First you be there then apply for a visitor visa with some emotional genuine reason that your wife want to visit you in canada on your birthday or anniversary and after that visit when she goes back then you may apply for spouse visa which you are talking about. This will increase the chances of approval.

Zahida

Star Member
Jul 23, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
06-10-2016
AOR Received.
03-01-2017
Med's Request
06-11-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
You can apply for her visitor visa, providing her strong home ties and your available funds.
Write a detailed cover letter, explaining the purpose of her visit (sentimental but formal :))
research on the ingredients to make a strong visitor visa application for your wife.
try to add some strongest point regarding home ties, like government job, property, current bank accounts.
For the purpose of visit, you can write about spending holidays, or celebrating anniversaries, as suggested by abhisri200k.
So,
Just try to explore what is in your hand and utilize that in the best possible way.
Good Luck

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
curvingpaths said:
Hellow Every One

I want to know that can an international student bring his wife to Canada. I arrived in Canada on 26 August 2011 as an international student. Now wants to bring my wife to Canada.

1. Can any body tell me what are the documents rerquired for this.
2. Which Catagory applies.
3. How much time it takes to get wife visa approved.
4. What are the chances to get wife visa approved and how can I improve my chances.

Thanks for your help!

Regards
Since you have a valid permit, your wife can join you. A very good chances exist for her to get a visa. It should not be a big problem at all.

All you need is to fill up form and write one "letter of inivitation" explaining how will you extend your help in supporting her visit. Lets say by buying airtickets, arranging her stay and all that. Its a simple process.

for more information refer

www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/faq/visit/visit=faq03.asp

crazykidjoe

Sep 11, 2011
Hai All,

Its very nice to hear from you all. As suggested by abhisri200k....when can we apply for the visit visa for spouse.

abhisri200k said:
What you can do is:
First you be there then apply for a visitor visa with some emotional genuine reason that your wife want to visit you in canada on your birthday or anniversary and after that visit when she goes back then you may apply for spouse visa which you are talking about. This will increase the chances of approval.

jfalvitez

Oct 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
30-01-2017
Med's Done....
12-01-2017
Im trying to apply for a student visa my plan is take 1 one year post-graduate course, but i want to travel with mi wife, we want to live in Canada and some day apply for a permanente residence, how can I do???
I have all my documents ready... Just i want to know how can i do to get both the visas.

bichoosn

Star Member
Sep 17, 2008
It is a serious question if seniors can answer it in detail. On CIC web site, it is clearly stated that

"You may accompany your spouse or common-law partner to Canada or visit them while they are in Canada, provided that you meet all the normal requirements for temporary residence. For example, if you require a temporary resident visa, you must apply for a visa and pay the appropriate processing fee.

If you apply for a temporary resident visa, a study permit or a work permit, you should submit your application at the same time as your spouse or common-law partner, when possible. If you are married, you should provide a copy of your marriage certificate. If you are in a common-law relationship, complete and submit the form, Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union, along with the evidence listed in the form to support your relationship."

canadainternational.gc.ca/uae-eau/visas/spouses-conjoints.aspx

"Your children can come with you to Canada or visit you in Canada, provided that they meet all the normal requirements for temporary residence, including obtaining a temporary resident visa if necessary.

If your children will be accompanying you to Canada, it is best to submit their application (if required) with your own (for a study permit, work permit and/or temporary resident visa). If your children are minors, they do not require a separate application form, simply indicate that they will be accompanying you to Canada on your own application form. There is space on the application form to do so.

If your children will join you in Canada at a later date, they will need to submit a separate application if they require a study permit, work permit and/or temporary resident visa."

canadainternational.gc.ca/uae-eau/visas/minors-mineurs.aspx

Should student submit application for spouse and other dependent(s) with his/her own application? What do you say?

djvinnakota

Aug 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Seniors Pls help

My self & 2 kids have applied for temporary resident visa(TRV) along with my spouse (International Student visa) in the month of July, CIC ppl have given visa to Spouse (International student) for 3yrs but refused to give visa for 3 of us.

After going through this thread and as suggested by abhisri200k, enfield and Zahida, i'm interested in applying for visit visa...as i have already applied for the TRV and refused....kindly suggest when can we apply for the visit visa, shall all 3 of us apply for visit visa at a time.

Seniors request your suggestions!!

abhisri200k said:
What you can do is:

djvinnakota

Aug 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Seniors Pls Help......desperately waiting for your reply.

djvinnakota said:
Seniors Pls help

My self & 2 kids have applied for temporary resident visa(TRV) along with my spouse (International Student visa) in the month of July, CIC ppl have given visa to Spouse (International student) for 3yrs but refused to give visa for 3 of us.

After going through this thread and as suggested by abhisri200k, enfield and Zahida, i'm interested in applying for visit visa...as i have already applied for the TRV and refused....kindly suggest when can we apply for the visit visa, shall all 3 of us apply for visit visa at a time.

Seniors request your suggestions!!