+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International student Permit Queries

Pooja Rao

Jun 20, 2009
Hi,
I am Indian Citizen and i have been accepted for a 1yr PG Program at Seneca College, Toronto. I have applied for my student visa at the consulate in Buffalo, New York on the June 4th and i was requested to do my medicals. I did my medicals on the June 8th. I have certain queries with regards to the student permit:

1) after medicals, how long does it usually take for the consulate to send you the notification to get the visa stamped?

2) the visa thus issued will be a single entry visa or a multiple entry visa? how do i know whether it is single entry or multiple entry?

3) apart from the visa, are there any other forms or card that i will have to obtain?

4) also can i apply for the work permit as soon as i receive my student visa or is the procedure for that different?

kindly answer these questions for me. Thanks
Pooja

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Pooja Rao said:
Hi,
I am Indian Citizen and i have been accepted for a 1yr PG Program at Seneca College, Toronto. I have applied for my student visa at the consulate in Buffalo, New York on the June 4th and i was requested to do my medicals. I did my medicals on the June 8th. I have certain queries with regards to the student permit:

1) after medicals, how long does it usually take for the consulate to send you the notification to get the visa stamped?

About 1-2 months.

2) the visa thus issued will be a single entry visa or a multiple entry visa? how do i know whether it is single entry or multiple entry?

It depends, whether you applied for a multi entry or single entry TRV.

3) apart from the visa, are there any other forms or card that i will have to obtain?

4) also can i apply for the work permit as soon as i receive my student visa or is the procedure for that different?

You are not eligible for an off-campus work permit until you have completed 6 months satisfactorily

kindly answer these questions for me. Thanks
Pooja
PMM

Pooja Rao

Jun 20, 2009
hey,
i do not remember filling in anywhere about single entry or multiple entry status.
on the application form, where was this suppose to be filled in?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Pooja Rao said:
hey,
i do not remember filling in anywhere about single entry or multiple entry status.
Question 1 on the application.

PMM

conanthang

Jun 23, 2009
Hi

Quote from: Pooja Rao on June 20, 2009, 05:40:53 pm
hey,

PMM

there are no question 1 on the application show that are multiple or single entry.=> bad answer

conanthang

Jun 23, 2009
hi there

please note that there are separate issue documents form general Consultant. first is TRV ( temporary president Visa) and Study permit
TRV is allow you entry Canada, study permit is the time you can stay in Canada as long as your study course .
there are no TRV longer than 12 months.

Conanthang

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

conanthang said:
Hi

Quote from: Pooja Rao on June 20, 2009, 05:40:53 pm
hey,

PMM

there are no question 1 on the application show that are multiple or single entry.=> bad answer
Maybe you should get new glasses, look at question 1 http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5257B.PDF

PMM

conanthang

Jun 23, 2009
Maybe you should get new glasses, look at question 1 http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5257B.PDF

you are really need new brain, your link is the TRV, we are talking about the study permit for student.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM1294B.PDF.

ConanThang

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

conanthang said:

you are really need new brain, your link is the TRV, we are talking about the study permit for student.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM1294B.PDF.

ConanThang
If you read the OP's original post s/he states that s/he is an Indian citizen. Not only requires a study permit but a TRV as well. But you know best right?

PMM

conanthang

Jun 23, 2009
If you read the OP's original post s/he states that s/he is an Indian citizen. Not only requires a study permit but a TRV as well. But you know best right?

i am from VietNam, most students need study permit and TRV, indian is the same this, the TRV will be issued automatic and at the same time with Study permit. we only need fill out and submit the " application for study permit made outside of Canada" Imm 1294.

have you ever apply any study permit????

Clapika

Mar 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi conathan, I'm from VN too, applying for visa this April so I can go to Can for fall term. I'm not hiring any company to do this and therefore hav many questions.
Can you help me plz? My email is: Clapika25512@yahoo.com.vn
Yh ID:Clapika25512
Many thanks.:)