+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INTERNATIONAL MOBILITY PROGRAM

Parrot_01

Feb 3, 2021
I came on a spousal open work permit in 2020 , currently divorced.
My open work permit expired in Feb 2022 and i am currently on applied status( on extension till a decision is made on my application).
In express entry i am only eligible for CEC , and as we all know the draws have come to a halt.
Do i stand a chance in International mobility program if i convince my employer, as per the information i have read i see that employers do not have to pay compliance fees for employees who have a open work permit.
however the situation is that i have already been working for this employer as a retail manager since 8 months so can i still ask my current employer to help me with IMP??

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I came on a spousal open work permit in 2020 , currently divorced.
My open work permit expired in Feb 2022 and i am currently on applied status( on extension till a decision is made on my application).
In express entry i am only eligible for CEC , and as we all know the draws have come to a halt.
Do i stand a chance in International mobility program if i convince my employer, as per the information i have read i see that employers do not have to pay compliance fees for employees who have a open work permit.
however the situation is that i have already been working for this employer as a retail manager since 8 months so can i still ask my current employer to help me with IMP??
How are you eligible for IMP?

• The IMP lets employers hire temporary workers without an LMIA. Exemptions from the LMIA process are based on both of the following:
    • the broader economic, cultural or other competitive advantages for Canada
    • the reciprocal benefits enjoyed by Canadians and permanent residents

Parrot_01

Feb 3, 2021
can you advise if i stand a chance anywhere? god know if there will be any more cec draws
my visa on my passport expires in feb 2023 and its a w-1 visa
you think i have a chance of furthur work permit extension till this date
if nothing else works i was thinking of converting my work visa to study visa
the Lmia market here is horrible aand employers are asking a big price for a job offer

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
can you advise if i stand a chance anywhere? god know if there will be any more cec draws
my visa on my passport expires in feb 2023 and its a w-1 visa
you think i have a chance of furthur work permit extension till this date
if nothing else works i was thinking of converting my work visa to study visa
the Lmia market here is horrible aand employers are asking a big price for a job offer
How are you eligible for an extension when your permit expired? What is your CRS score? Are you eligible for PNPs?

You need a LMIA with job offer to continue working? To get a study visa, you need to show education advancement, career progression in your home country (justify paying tens of thousands in Canada), funds, ties to home country etc. It is more difficult to get approved since you are in Canada.

Parrot_01

Feb 3, 2021
actually, when i landed in canada i was given 2 years open work permit, same as my ex husbands contract term. But the visa stamp in my passport is worker-1 and the visa expires on 02/23 so is there any chance that immigration would consider this and atleast give extension till this date? My ex husbands passport was expiring so he got visa only till 02/22. Does this make sense?
i created my EE profilr last october and my CRS now is 451 ( i lost few points because i turned 31) but i am surprised why i am not getting a nomination
i meet all eligibility for CEC and i believe for PNP as well. Current NoC is 0 and previous work ex in canada is B .
I did not complete one year continous employment with 1 employer but got my 1560 hours completed by last july
whats the latest update in the upcoming CEC draw? will there ever be a draw this year, last year was a cake walk and this year is the opposite
thanks for your advise

Parrot_01

Feb 3, 2021
currently i am on extension till they make a final decision on my application, i am allowed to work till may 17th.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
actually, when i landed in canada i was given 2 years open work permit, same as my ex husbands contract term. But the visa stamp in my passport is worker-1 and the visa expires on 02/23 so is there any chance that immigration would consider this and atleast give extension till this date? My ex husbands passport was expiring so he got visa only till 02/22. Does this make sense?
i created my EE profilr last october and my CRS now is 451 ( i lost few points because i turned 31) but i am surprised why i am not getting a nomination
i meet all eligibility for CEC and i believe for PNP as well. Current NoC is 0 and previous work ex in canada is B .
I did not complete one year continous employment with 1 employer but got my 1560 hours completed by last july
whats the latest update in the upcoming CEC draw? will there ever be a draw this year, last year was a cake walk and this year is the opposite
thanks for your advise
If you are divorced you wouldn’t be tied to your ex’s passport or permit any longer. So don’t think an extension will be issued but you may be lucky.

What province are you eligible for? What is your NOC? PNP Nomination is based on many things as each province has different requirements - job offer, NOC, CRS score, PNP score, family in province etc.

How many years of Canadian experience do you have? No CEC draws are planned and there is no indication when they will happen again. Open draws may begin with scores of 480+. IRCC is focussing on the backlog so don’t need to have draws to meet immigration numbers.

Parrot_01

Feb 3, 2021
i dont really know what province im eligible for but i selected ON,BC and AB in my profile. Shall i select more provinces?
my Current NOC is 0621 and previous noc is 6211.
my primary occupation NOC in my EE profile is 0621.
my current employer said they can give me a job offer letter but cannot support LMIA.
I put in my EE profile that i have a job offer but then there is a clause where Ircc is asking 'is your current employers name mentioned on your current wp'. so to that i said no thus i cannot gain the 50 addition points as i am on an open work permit.
if im correct, then if they reject my application i would have 90 days to restore my status and be able to stay in the country, so if nothings works for me then what do i do, i dont have thousands of dollars to pay for a LMIA job( as mostly all employers are asking for a big price for Lmia). Is it better to stick around in Canada and wait for CEC/pnp for these 90 days or should i just go back to my home country? will it help if i change my status to visitor?
another option is , i have a friend who is self employed, can he sponser me in any way

i really appreciate you time in reading this

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Where do you live? BC requires a job offer. Ontario EE - your NOC is not in demand. AB is only option if they select your NOC and CRS score. Other provinces require job offer.

Self employed friend you need to post job offer and then file for LMIA.

Parrot_01

Feb 3, 2021
i live in Alberta, does my chances of PNP and CEC draw reduce if i go back to my country?
i do get 90 days to legally stay in canada if they reject my application of WP extension?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
i live in Alberta, does my chances of PNP and CEC draw reduce if i go back to my country?
i do get 90 days to legally stay in canada if they reject my application of WP extension?
No it doesn’t. Look at AINP - AOS to see if you are eligible. This is a not an EE stream. Don’t know if you are eligible because you are under implied status. So AINP may be only option and the province doesn’t post the NOCs selected.

https://www.alberta.ca/aaip-alberta-opportunity-stream-eligibility.aspx

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The 90 days doesn't mean you are allowed to stay in Canada with legal status after a refusal. The 90 days is the period of time you can apply for restoration of status after a refusal. Until restoration is approved, you continue to have no status legal status in Canada.

Parrot_01

Feb 3, 2021
I did not know that I could apply through AOS separate from EE
All consultants told me that for Ainp I have to make a EE profile and the I will be picked only from there
Now I’m in maintained status so I cant apply for Ainp through AOS!!! I feel so bad that I was misguided
So my self employed friend has a roofing business, his company is new like been couple of months, he doesn’t have a big turnover but did file taxes for last year, he has a few people on payroll… my question is do I stand a chance of a positive LMia if he happens to help me
My current job is managerial so does he have to hire me in the same position for eg marketing manager?
will my past experience matter? Because my past experience in Canada has been retail and sales

Parrot_01

Feb 3, 2021
The 90 days doesn't mean you are allowed to stay in Canada with legal status after a refusal. The 90 days is the period of time you can apply for restoration of status after a refusal. Until restoration is approved, you continue to have no status legal status in Canada.
Thank you for your revert
So once my application of WP ext is rejected then how do I restore my staus ?
can I still get a LMIA job offer from an employer when I’m in restoration staus

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I did not know that I could apply through AOS separate from EE
All consultants told me that for Ainp I have to make a EE profile and the I will be picked only from there
Now I’m in maintained status so I cant apply for Ainp through AOS!!! I feel so bad that I was misguided
So my self employed friend has a roofing business, his company is new like been couple of months, he doesn’t have a big turnover but did file taxes for last year, he has a few people on payroll… my question is do I stand a chance of a positive LMia if he happens to help me
My current job is managerial so does he have to hire me in the same position for eg marketing manager?
will my past experience matter? Because my past experience in Canada has been retail and sales
No chance for a LMIA with your friend. Needs to be in business I believe at least for two years (show tax returns). He needs to prove he can’t hire a Canadian or PR. You need to show experience (employment letters) for the NOC that he posts the job for. Because he has to show only you has the experience to do the job since he couldn’t hire a Canadian or PR. So if you don’t have marketing experience then you would not get a closed work permit.

Last edited: