+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International Experience Canada - no live trace

wantsanewlife

Nov 6, 2010
Hey everyone!!

Im currently going through the application process for the IEC.... filled in all of my forms, sent it to France and they then sent it to London.

When i was going through the application, I requested a police certificate and it came back saying 'No Live Trace' on it..... basically, in 2002 I was cautioned at the police station for deception... hadnt done anything wrong before and havent done anything wrong since.

No live trace means that there is something on my record but it was a while ago so shouldnt count any more!

Last week the embassy sent me an email asking me for -
'a personal explanation of event(s) leading to any notation indicated (eg charge/warning/reprimand/caution/conviction/non-conviction) plus Memorandum of Conviction (if applicable), obtainable from the court.

2 days later I sent them a letter, explainint what happened, what I did and stressing that I hadnt done anything before and since this happened..... sent the letter via recorded delivery and have seen on the royal mail site that they have recieved it and signed for it..

now im just waiting.... as the days are passing I am getting more and more worried that its going to affect my application. If it gets rejected, does anyone know whether I can reapply? or does that totally ruin my chances of ever going to Canada to work or live? Does anyone know how long it takes for it to all go through?? the initial email said it can take up to 10 weeks, so im giving it till the last week in July... but because they sent me that email it makes me think they are all ready going through my file....

So worried... and stressed!!

Timeline -
12th May - Acknowledgement of Receipt
12th May - Conditional Acceptance
16th May - Proof of Payment Accepted
17th May - First Evaluation Phase Completed
then it was sent to London
15th June - More info needed about the police thing
20th June - they received the letter I sent
22nd June - still waiting and stressing out now!!

Thanks for reading!
JK. xx