+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Intention to refuse your application for permanent selection

betterbetter

Star Member
Feb 6, 2023
They have emailed us again and asked us to submit our application with request to minister to use Quebec Immigration Regulations O.C. 963-2018, s. 58.

Hi Powereng,

I'm glad to see that there has been positive progress and I hope everything continues to move forward smoothly for you

Cheers!

vision2011

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Unfortunately it did not work for us and eventually our CSQ application has been refused
Powereng,

I am sorry to hear that, but I think logically and morally, it shouldn't be as easier and straight like that.

Normally Minister would not intervene straight away, but giving you the opportunity to be rejected with a strong application in place.
Otherwise, the rest of the World would simply seek Ministerial intervention (And this process is not a part of visa processing, and if you look above on one of my messages - I told you that you will be more likely to be rejected, but make sure you are rejected with a strong application).

I suppose you were given the opportunity to apply for administrative review? Then, at this stage the minister can intervene (a very few applications are successfully).

Stay positive, one way or another you will make Quebec home (Yes, it is a little pain and unnecessary headache, but no pain no gain).

Cheers mate, do not give up!

V.

Reactions: powereng1982

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
Powereng,

I am sorry to hear that, but I think logically and morally, it shouldn't be as easier and straight like that.

Normally Minister would not intervene straight away, but giving you the opportunity to be rejected with a strong application in place.
Otherwise, the rest of the World would simply seek Ministerial intervention (And this process is not a part of visa processing, and if you look above on one of my messages - I told you that you will be more likely to be rejected, but make sure you are rejected with a strong application).

I suppose you were given the opportunity to apply for administrative review? Then, at this stage the minister can intervene (a very few applications are successfully).

Stay positive, one way or another you will make Quebec home (Yes, it is a little pain and unnecessary headache, but no pain no gain).

Cheers mate, do not give up!

V.
I agree with you and yes we have been given 90 days for administrative review.

We have a team from MP office, who is actively engaged and trying to help with our application. We are just trying but not sure about the outcome

Last edited:

walter123

Aug 28, 2024
Hi guys this is my first time I am using this site
I am very worried about my current situation in Montreal
Last year I have started a job outside Montreal metropolitan area in May and I got my job validation approved in October then I got the invitation for csq in November I applied for the csq I waited 4 months and I received a letter from MiFi according to the point spread I have 4 points less that is off my work experience!
So earlier I was having 51 points so they deducted four points for my work experience, then my lawyer send them the thing says what's the reason for these 4 points, so on March 25 I got the message in arima they said that your job getting is cashier and which comes under tier level 4 so we are not giving any points for this category!

I don't know how come this happened I got invited for the csq in 2023 and this happens with me

So the story continues and my lawyer suggest me to give an IELTS exam so that you can get more points I gave the exam and gained 3 points from there!

So current scenario I have 50 points which is sufficient for the CSQ according to the points grid

But today on August 28th again waiting for 4 months and I got the reply that you cannot attach any exam trf after you are being refused!

And I think my file is closed now!

Can anyone help me with this I have waited so long for the csq thing, i could have moved to another province but I have stayed in Montreal for the csq because I got the valid invitation from them
It's about the time.

feedingspree

Oct 14, 2020
Hi guys this is my first time I am using this site
I am very worried about my current situation in Montreal
Last year I have started a job outside Montreal metropolitan area in May and I got my job validation approved in October then I got the invitation for csq in November I applied for the csq I waited 4 months and I received a letter from MiFi according to the point spread I have 4 points less that is off my work experience!
So earlier I was having 51 points so they deducted four points for my work experience, then my lawyer send them the thing says what's the reason for these 4 points, so on March 25 I got the message in arima they said that your job getting is cashier and which comes under tier level 4 so we are not giving any points for this category!

I don't know how come this happened I got invited for the csq in 2023 and this happens with me

So the story continues and my lawyer suggest me to give an IELTS exam so that you can get more points I gave the exam and gained 3 points from there!

So current scenario I have 50 points which is sufficient for the CSQ according to the points grid

But today on August 28th again waiting for 4 months and I got the reply that you cannot attach any exam trf after you are being refused!

And I think my file is closed now!

Can anyone help me with this I have waited so long for the csq thing, i could have moved to another province but I have stayed in Montreal for the csq because I got the valid invitation from them
It's about the time.
Being drawed doesnt assures that you will get the CSQ, you can try contacting the member of parliament on your area and explain your side. you can search it here https://www.ourcommons.ca/members/en

nzkko

Star Member
May 13, 2024
No. But I also doubt that MP can help here. You need a lawyer if you want to appeal. Otherwise, you need to apply again.

walter123

Aug 28, 2024
No. But I also doubt that MP can help here. You need a lawyer if you want to appeal. Otherwise, you need to apply again.
I don't wanna spend another couple of thousands
As they have closed the file now
Earlier it was on admin review!

Do you think a good lawyer can help?
I know the people who their CSQ for the same profile i had
Do I have a chance here?