pending

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-2009
Congratulations!!! I am happy for you and am awaiting this day myself.

gald to see you got your AIP and PR so close togehter, that is what I pray for as we really want to travela bit :)

getaround

Nov 4, 2009
pending said:
Congratulations!!! I am happy for you and am awaiting this day myself.

gald to see you got your AIP and PR so close togehter, that is what I pray for as we really want to travela bit :)
Yes I'm glad for it too be over; I think I have an ulcer from the stress :) The time line was quick though 8 months which I see seems to extremely quick. Friday will be a great day. I'm sure your great day will come soon :)

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
getaround said:
Yes I'm glad for it too be over; I think I have an ulcer from the stress :) The time line was quick though 8 months which I see seems to extremely quick. Friday will be a great day. I'm sure your great day will come soon :)
congrats getaround!

i saw someone's application was received feb 5 and they already got a letter from CIC. means mine gonna be started soon *fingers crossed*

Nine3001

Mar 25, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We applied February 25th, 2010... so I think we have a lot of waiting a head of us.
I read on the website that it can take up to 64 days... so another month to go.
It's getting hard already because my spouse hasn't worked since he been here and I'm the sole provider for us until he can get a work permit (he was denied in his last attempt...) But I got a new job which pays really well so we will be able to manage.
I will be checking here very often to hear your stories and build up my own knowledge on the subject, for sure!!

Does anyone know what happens when we need to provide updated information in our application? Should we wait for the application to be 'received' and in the system until I ask them to send in updated documents or should I get on that right away?

pending

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-2009
DECISSION MADE!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

pending

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-2009
Or maybe is it just the AIP but we will see. I hope it comes in the mail today or tommorow, I can't wait all weekend - I have waited long enough!!! lol

getaround

Nov 4, 2009
pending said:
Or maybe is it just the AIP but we will see. I hope it comes in the mail today or tommorow, I can't wait all weekend - I have waited long enough!!! lol
I takes at least 7 / 10 days to come as a standard.

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
Nine3001 said:
We applied February 25th, 2010... so I think we have a lot of waiting a head of us.
It's getting hard already because my spouse hasn't worked since he been here and I'm the sole provider for us until he can get a work permit (he was denied in his last attempt...) But I got a new job which pays really well so we will be able to manage.
I will be checking here very often to hear your stories and build up my own knowledge on the subject, for sure!!

Does anyone know what happens when we need to provide updated information in our application? Should we wait for the application to be 'received' and in the system until I ask them to send in updated documents or should I get on that right away?
Nine, u applied inland right? so dont look where it says 64 days on CIC site. thats for outlanders. right know it takes around 2 months for them to open the application. and it takes around 6 months from receiving ur application, to process ur AIP and OWP.

about updates information. u should wait till they request it. if its medical check up and police clearance, u can send them whenever u get them, but u should put ur ID number on the envelope so they wouldnt mess up and loose the papers. sometimes it happens.
Good luck!

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011

pending

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-2009
Ok I couldn't wait!! I called them!!! Got a really nice lady on the phone, she put me on hold - checked the file and told me in all went through!!!!

So excited!! Calls for a drink - but I can't, got a little one in my tummy!!! Oh well I will make the hubby drink for me!!! I'll celebrate over some good food :)

Good luck to all!! Hang in there!!

Nine3001

Mar 25, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asta said:
Nine, u applied inland right? so dont look where it says 64 days on CIC site. thats for outlanders. right know it takes around 2 months for them to open the application. and it takes around 6 months from receiving ur application, to process ur AIP and OWP.

about updates information. u should wait till they request it. if its medical check up and police clearance, u can send them whenever u get them, but u should put ur ID number on the envelope so they wouldnt mess up and loose the papers. sometimes it happens.
Good luck!
Yeah, I meant to say 64 days till the application gets opened. All this immigration stuff and all the information is really massive so I'm getting my wires crossed!

We're a bit concerned about the whole situation because mistakes were made in the past and we just want to make sure things are going to move smoothly. It's really frustrating for my spouse too, because he has years of education and work experience in the medical field and he's just sitting at home twiddling his thumbs waiting.

pending

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-2009
Nine3001 said:

Regarding updated information call them and they may be able to give you a client number and then you can send them in and ask them to attach it to your updated application - that is what we did re the police clearance. Good luck to you!! We just got approved and it was 6 months tot he day - best news is that it ALL went through at once.

aghaalia

Mar 26, 2010
Hello everyone!!
I need some help here!!! My husband is sponsoring me and my child and we've applied since November 2009. My application is inland as I am already in Canada. I do not require a visa to re-enter Canada and I'm kind of hoping to make it to my brother's wedding in June. Can anyone help as to what is the waiting time, and ifI gain approval what is the waiting time on the second stage! Can I leave if I receive first stage approval? I really want to be there for my brother's wedding and can't cope with the fact that I may not be able to make it. What are the consequences if I travel to the UK and come back? CAn anyone help answer my questions!!!

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
aghaalia said:
Hello everyone!!
I need some help here!!! My husband is sponsoring me and my child and we've applied since November 2009. My application is inland as I am already in Canada. I do not require a visa to re-enter Canada and I'm kind of hoping to make it to my brother's wedding in June. Can anyone help as to what is the waiting time, and ifI gain approval what is the waiting time on the second stage! Can I leave if I receive first stage approval? I really want to be there for my brother's wedding and can't cope with the fact that I may not be able to make it. What are the consequences if I travel to the UK and come back? CAn anyone help answer my questions!!!
u might be lucky and make it to the wedding. not like me. my brother's wedding is in july and im really gonna miss it :(
usually first stage approval takes 6 months. then after every case is different and takes different period of time. for "pending" here it took 6 months to finish whole application process. must be a record. but she doesnt have a child, though she is pregnant. maybe thats what helped her. if they find some problems, it takes a year or two or so. since u didnt get any interview call and ur case wasnt transferred to local office before AIP (it wasnt, right?) it should be fine and take up to 6 months for first stage.

about traveling while application in process..well its very risky. and like many people say here, the officer doesnt have to let u in back to Canada. some people were fighting with tears to let them back in. if u wont be let in, ur case will be cut off. so its ur call if it worth it or not.

me myself was very tempted to go to brother's wedding. but i decided not to risk, because so much time would be wasted and much money spent already. so i just have to live with it.