+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLANDERS!

network

Jan 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2009
thank you so much for you help i will try to call CIC and if i get any thing i will update

Lylyth

Star Member
Sep 15, 2009
Update: Month 5

We were told today they received the FBI/Police checks and medicals...thank goodness...and it should be another month, but they didn't give any glimmer of hope whether AIP would be approved or denied.

Hubby is going a bit stir crazy because he can't work...got a kitten at the SPCA to comfort him when I am at work...very masculine of him carrying around this tiny kitten like a wee babe. He is such a big softy...gotta love him!

Keep going with the updates fellow Inlanders and good luck!

etriumph

Nov 8, 2009
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
:D Hi, to ALL INLANDERS, hope you had wonderful seasons, I ordered my FOSS notes on November 30th and I received them on January 4th 2010, so they are on time.
They show my application permits, permits, medicals, and basically everthing seems fine, everything is in order, nothing saying my application is bad or something, Im happy for that just waiting for my background checkings my case:

Inland Application
Medicals Received Oct.2008
Application Received Dec 2008
Start Procesing Jan 2009
AIP, OWP, OHIP and Request for Background checkings: June 2009
FOSS notes January 2010

And I have a question about this REMARKS: TJ-E* what that means? Anyone? Where may I find some definitions to FOSS codes?
Im getting excited, because this year will be the one, it has been a lot of time, so luckly and hopefully Im going to get my PR in those first months of 2010. Waiting... :eek:
Good year for all!

winniez

Jan 15, 2010
Hello, I would like to order my FOSS notes and could anyone tell me where should I send my FOSS request to?

I heard that if I just order the FOSS notes, I can send my request to regional CIC office. Is that true? I think the nearest cic office to me is Saskatoon.....and send the request by fax(that might be faster).

Thank you.

etriumph

Nov 8, 2009
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, there!

winniez said:
Hello, I would like to order my FOSS notes and could anyone tell me where should I send my FOSS request to?

I heard that if I just order the FOSS notes, I can send my request to regional CIC office. Is that true? I think the nearest cic office to me is Saskatoon.....and send the request by fax(that might be faster).

Thank you.

I dont know about your regional office, or Saskatoon, but I have the fax number for the office in Ottawa: (613) 957 6517, I live in Toronto, and yes its, faster, because you dont have to wait until the regular mail get there, and its easier because you send your fax, and count 30 days and you got your FOSS notes. Just state a formal letter to:

Public Rights Administration
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Narono Building
360 Laurier Avenue West, 10th floor
Ottawa, ON, K1A 1L1

Attention to: Miss Craig

This is (Requester's name), client ID # xxxx-xxxx, regarding to get Access to Information and Personal Information Request under Privacy Act, to receive ONLY FOSS notes.

Thanks in advance.

ATTE. Requester

And send it to the fax number above. Well, thats the main idea, you can do your own letter.

Make sure to ask just for FOSS notes and not IN CANADA FILE (INCLUDING FOSS NOTES) there is a big diference: the number of pages of your file. For example: my FOSS notes were like 20 pages, if I order IN CANADA FILE, they are going to send at least 100 pages, and the information we are looking for is in the FOSS notes. Well, I hope this help somebody.
Anyone knows what means TJ-E*????????????????????????????

winniez

Jan 15, 2010
etriumph said:
Hello, there!

I dont know about your regional office, or Saskatoon, but I have the fax number for the office in Ottawa: (613) 957 6517, I live in Toronto, and yes its, faster, because you dont have to wait until the regular mail get there, and its easier because you send your fax, and count 30 days and you got your FOSS notes. Just state a formal letter to:

Public Rights Administration
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Narono Building
360 Laurier Avenue West, 10th floor
Ottawa, ON, K1A 1L1

Attention to: Miss Craig

This is (Requester's name), client ID # xxxx-xxxx, regarding to get Access to Information and Personal Information Request under Privacy Act, to receive ONLY FOSS notes.

Thanks in advance.

ATTE. Requester

And send it to the fax number above. Well, thats the main idea, you can do your own letter.

Make sure to ask just for FOSS notes and not IN CANADA FILE (INCLUDING FOSS NOTES) there is a big diference: the number of pages of your file. For example: my FOSS notes were like 20 pages, if I order IN CANADA FILE, they are going to send at least 100 pages, and the information we are looking for is in the FOSS notes. Well, I hope this help somebody.
Anyone knows what means TJ-E*????????????????????????????

Hi etriumph. Thank you very much for your response. Your answer is pretty clear and helpful to me. I've got one more question about the FOSS request. When you send your request to the above fax number, did you use the "Access to Information and Personal Information Request Form (IMM 5563)" ?
Or you just customize your own formal letter?

By the way, there's no charge for ordering the FOSS notes, right?

;)

Thanks!!!

winniez

Jan 15, 2010
Hi etriumph. Thank you very much for your response. Your answer is pretty clear and helpful to me. I've got one more question about the FOSS request. When you send your request to the above fax number, did you use the "Access to Information and Personal Information Request Form (IMM 5563)" ?

Thanks!!!

etriumph

Nov 8, 2009
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi to all!

winniez said:

Thanks!!!

Actually, I sent that form first, but I did request the IN CANADA FILE (Including FOSS notes), then I realized that I only wanted the FOSS notes, so it's when I sent the fax requesting the Access to Information and Personal Information Request under Privacy Act, so it's your choice, if you want to use the form IMM 5563, or making your own letter! and it is free if you ask for Under Privacy Act, otherwise it will cost you $5.

winniez

Jan 15, 2010
Hello etriumph. Thanks again for your reply.
I think I will make my own letter tpmorrow and fax the request ASAP.

By the way, did you find your BF date in your FOSS notes?

CIC is doing my background checks as well. I dont know how long should I have to wait. I just want to find out whether there are BF dates in FOSS so that I could know when the officers will review my file.

Best wishes to everyone.

etriumph

Nov 8, 2009
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
winniez said:
Hello etriumph. Thanks again for your reply.
I think I will make my own letter tpmorrow and fax the request ASAP.

By the way, did you find your BF date in your FOSS notes?

CIC is doing my background checks as well. I dont know how long should I have to wait. I just want to find out whether there are BF dates in FOSS so that I could know when the officers will review my file.

Best wishes to everyone.
Hi winniez, my next BF date was set for December 30th, Im going to call CIC soon, to see for any update....:) Whats your timeline?

Purlage

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I just sent my wife's sponsorship application for me and my permanent residency application, along with an Open Work Permit application last December. It was signed for on 21st December.

I just called up CIC to see if I would be getting any kind of confirmation of receipt, which I found out they don't do. But I was told that they don't expect to start processing applications made after 30th October for two months. So that makes it March time. They also said that they would expect the first stage approval to be received by June, unless they required any further information, regardless of the fact that they will start processing it around March time.

I have generally found that the Call Centre is very helpful and someone actually sent me the link to the Open Work Permit via email after I called. I found out about that on another forum and feel fortunate that I did, considering other people's stories on here.

I'm glad that someone has started a thread for Inlanders as I was not sure that an outland application was for us. I've been suffering no small amount of regret that I didn't look more into the outland application but such is life. I'm British and recently married my Canadian girlfriend of five years last November and am currently on an Open Work Permit through BUNAC. That expires at the end of May so we're cutting it a bit fine.

Lets hope the Gods of Bureaucracy are kind on us.

My warmest wishes to all of you. I look forward to hearing similar stories and any advise.

Gemini13

Apr 24, 2009
Count me in! I sponsered my husband 2 years ago and man has it been daunting!!

Please answer my questions:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/weve-been-called-for-an-interview-t32972.0.html

winniez

Jan 15, 2010
etriumph said:
Hi winniez, my next BF date was set for December 30th, Im going to call CIC soon, to see for any update....:) Whats your timeline?

Hi my timeline is

Application received on April 17, 2009
Start processing on May 1, 2009
Medical results have been received.
AIP on Sep. 17
background check starts.............

:)

girl2van

Jan 21, 2010
hi Inlanders

i have been following the thread for quite some time. it's been great source of info. cudos.

CPC-V received my application on july 20, and the website quotes 6 month. i noticed that most bloggers got some answer right before or at least on the very same day the 6 months was running out. is there anyone here with a similar timeline?

Is Vegreville being delayed? if so why dont they say so? they do not pick up the phone and my email i sent came back with an automatic notification that they will attend to my question in 15 days.
(I must say this is very disappointing, as is the whole process they put people through.) have you heard anything?