+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLANDERS!

D

darumal

Hi,

My application was submitted in April, 09 and got AIP in Sept. CIC is updating my background check but it is still in processing.

I want to know whether my spouse can add me into her company's medical insurance? I know ppl with AIP live in Ontario can apply public medical card. But we live in Vancouver and not sure whether I can enjoy the medical coverage (not the private medical insurance). I have been in Vancouver for almost 1 year w/o medical that makes me feel insecured.

Thanks.

wasted_year

Nov 19, 2009
I'm Canadian and my husband is British and have been married for over 3 years. We decided to do the inland route as my family needed us here. We started this Sept 2008. But we made the mistake of hiring a lawyer who is not only useless but lazy! We ended up doing most of the work ourselves. He didnt mail the application until Jan 2009 and we are still waiting! It's been a whole year of our lives that we wont get back. My husband is frustrated because he has no health care, cant drive, and he cant work! We only just recently got stage 1 approval so he applied for an open work permit. Just yesterday we got another letter from Immigration telling us our case has been finalized and that we have an interview in Jan 2010. 7 more weeks!!!!

Can anyone tell me what this interview is about and if there is any way of getting an earlier interview? We're in Edmonton, so i was thinking maybe just heading down to Canada Place and asking?

I hate my lawyer!! And i wish i had gone the outbound route. But mostly i hate my lawyer!

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File a complaint about your lawyer if you feel he/she has not handled this in a professional manner.

Lylyth

Star Member
Sep 15, 2009
I was informed that once you recieve your AIP you can apply for provincial health care, SIN, etc. As for private health insurance you should, in theory, be eligible to be included on your wife's medical insurance as a spouse.

@ wasted_year - sorry to hear you had such bad luck with your lawyer. I hear you on applying Outland. We are in the same boat, but haven't hit the one year mark. It is difficult when you are the supporting spouse and hubby can't work. Some say they process Outland faster because family are apart. Maybe Immigration should look into faster Inland processing times so that their spouse can contribute to the family...that kind of issue can divide a family. I know my husband feels pretty useless at the moment because he can't work. Thank goodness he can volunteer or he would go stir crazy.

Good luck with your interview!

etriumph

Nov 8, 2009
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, we are Inlanders, too, our case:
Aplication Received Dec. 08
Start Processing: January 2009
AIP: June 2009
I have my OWP, SIN, and Health Card, Im happy for having this, but.... the wait is killing me....

My ecas:
We received your application for permanent residence on Dec.2008.
We started processing your application on January 2009.
Medical results have been received.
A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

Since June I haven't heard anything from CIC, so I called last week to ask and the agent told me they are still doing background checkings, also I apply for FOSS, which is going to tell me exactly what is going on with my case.

There are differents background checks, the normal wich last from 90 to 120 days, or a depth one which is made from 180 days to 18 months. I believe in our case they are doing a depth one because after AIP, normally you get landed in 3 to 4 months and we still here, 5 months and counting, what are they checking I dont know right now but I will, best wishes to all of you. Please continue sharing Inlanders!

Hello, I wish we'd known of this helpful forum prior to submitting our inland application! If I'd educated myself more, it's likely we'd have gone the outland route. I'm a US citizen married to a Canadian. Here's our timeline so far:

Sent application (including medical exam receipts, FBI "no record" document) to Vegreville on or about June 24, 2009.
The CIC website indicates receipt of application on July 30, 2009.
They started processing application on August 31, 2009.

We never received an acknowledgement letter or anything via email or snailmail.

I feel for all of you who have waited so long and agonized going through this process! They don't make it easy, but that seems wise to me.

Volunteering is a great way to spend time until I can work, but it sure would be nice to have a 2d paycheck, so I can't WAIT til I get AIP. Of course then there's the Getting Hired for a Job part, but hey - - one hurdle at a time. Good luck to all, and thanks for the helpful info here!

srcc

Star Member
Sep 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everybody!

How is the process going??

I will be sending the papers for sponser/pr inland by the end of the month or the first week of January.
We are still waiting for the marriage certificate, already waiting for more then 14 weeks! :(

Good luck you all!

joce288

Star Member
Nov 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone!
I applied in-land Nov. 23, 09 and am patiently waiting for an update with e-cas. I have certainly not been waiting as long as others though, so I'm not complaining - yet!
My situation is a little tricky since I am pregnant, I was unable to do the medical, so my process will likely take longer after my spouse is approved as a sponsor. I was also told not to submit my FBI check until my medical was complete because they only last 6 months.
Also, I recently realized on the back of my photos I was suppose to write my name, dob, height, eye & hair color? The only thing on the back of mine was the date stamped by the photographer because the guide I read didn't tell me to write all that! Will my application be refused or sent back to me?
I feel like I messed it all up!
Applying out-land certainly would have been quicker, but I couldn't stand to be away from my husband..especially while pregnant with our first child! I'm crossing my fingers that we get first stage approval quickly that way I can get my OWP and won't feel so useless and bored. & I'm currently waiting for my application to extend my stay as a visitor to be approved that way I can get medicare. If I don't have that by the time I have my baby (due april 2) I'll be looking at some serious medical bills on top of the ones I'm already paying!

I hope everyone else's process is going well! Good Luck to all!

ItalCanita

Dec 16, 2009
Hello Inlanders!
This is my first time posting and it's taken a lot of tears and stress to get to this point. My husband of four years is Italian and here with me in Canada. We just retired as professional dancers and decided to settle down here (I'm Canadian) - finally got our Sponsorship application sent to Vegreville Oct. 10 and our extension application sent early Nov. Problem is his visitor status is only until Jan 14th. At this point I cannot log on to e-cas (although I try neurotically three times a day) so I have NO idea what we are going to have to do. Any ideas or help you can give us would be greatly appreciated. Checking the application status does not help us at this point.
Thank you and good luck on all your processes!

Lylyth

Star Member
Sep 15, 2009
@ItalCanita

Your husband should apply for a visitor visa extension BEFORE his visiting status expires. While they are processing his application your husband will be "implied status."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp

Until you get and ID# it might not be possible to check ecas. We had to call the 1-800# to get it.

Good luck fellow Inlander applicant !

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The application also has to be received 30 days before his current status expires.

Lylyth said:
@ ItalCanita

Your husband should apply for a visitor visa extension BEFORE his visiting status expires. While they are processing his application your husband will be "implied status."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp

Until you get and ID# it might not be possible to check ecas. We had to call the 1-800# to get it.

Good luck fellow Inlander applicant !

rabbitcl

Oct 27, 2009
Hi everyone!

Just like most of you guys, we applied in-land and they got our application on 2 July, 2009. it has been a very long wait and it got very frustating as I cannot work and feels like I am not productive! I have been working since I graduated and I came here on Dec 2007 to be with my boyfriend for Christmas, we had been together for 7 years at that time (long distance). And because it was hard to be away from each other, we decided I would stay here longer/ We got married here on May, 2009 and then sent the application for PR. So far we haven;t heard anything yet, and I am really hoping I can get some good news soon, and we are both looking forward to get back to Hong Kong (where I was from) to visit my family.

Anyone here has any good news to cheer us up??? by the way , anyone here is from Calgary? ;D

Dec 28, 2009
Hello, fellow Inlanders!! Here's a question for some of you!

I did not 1) write my name on the back of my pictures (except wedding photos). Is this cause for referral to local? 2) I am a family class-sponsoree. I thought the app was supposed to go to Mississauga and then once sponsorship was approved it was referred to Vegreville. However, my whole app was sent to Vegreville, they rec'd Sept. 30 2008, and began processing November 1st. The app is in process. I have received no letters saying that sponsorship was approved or anything. Did I do something wrong, or is this S. O. P.? Can they assess sponsorship in Vegreville?

Also...I've heard the chances of getting AIP are very high because there are only a few reasons that they'd refer it to the local office (in this case Vancouver). I called and they said that they are running right around 4 1/2 months for AIP, and any major questions they have will come up at the final interview at Vancouver (if necessary), and I should look forward to AIP. My spouse and I have been married since 2005, so that's 3 years (though this is same-(censored word = same s. E. x (gender) marriage).

Last question: I have sent in my Federal background check and fingerprints (I'm the immigrant from the USA). The app said nothing about sending in background/criminal checks from every state I've lived in in the last 10 years. Will my FBI check be sufficient, or do they need the state checks to grant AIP? I ask mainly because I lived in about 6 different states before moving here, and that would be a logistical nightmare to coordinate all those applications and pay all those fees with all the fingerprints! Naturally, I have no criminal record in any state, and I figure the FBI check would show that.

My questions are:

1) Should I expect AIP in the next few months, or have I made a critical error by leaving things out?
2) Should I wait until they are requested to get all those fingerprints done and fees paid, or will it probably be approved without all that?

3) My spouse and I are many, many years apart (embarrassing....but we are almost 40 years different in age).

Any problems I should expect? We've been married for almost 4 years, so I can't imagine they'd think of it as a 'marriage of convenience'.

Any advice is much appreciated...and good luck to everyone!!!

Cheers,
StandardbredHorse