+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland versus Outland

jambaloni

Star Member
Dec 23, 2008
I get the impression from the reading I've done that applications for PR that are submitted by couples who are living in the same country tend to be processed slower than ones in which the couple is separated. Is this correct?

There are couples here who have waited a few years. That's insanely difficult for any human being to endure.

I'm just curious if the long term waits are typically for those couples who are actually united.

Kind Regards,

Tony

chocolover

Nov 28, 2008
In my case that was very true: i.e., that our inland application took longer than it probably would have had I just sponsored my husband from overseas. But mine was/is complicated. I just replied to your question on the other thread. Read it for more info and Good Luck to you. Truth be told, it has been hard but honestly, I still wouldn't have done it any other way. I waited 42 years to get marrried, I was not about to be separated from the man I waited for for all that time!

M

med

yes inland applications are slower and longr in procssing if u read some threads in this forum u ll find that , i recommend an outland one it much more quickr , goodluck

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
Again - inland vs outland hasn't to do with where the applicant and/or sponsor are living . . . it has to do with where the application is processed. Inland applications are processed within Canada (and, it's true, the sponsor and applicant must both be in Canada) - while outland applications are processed at overseas visa offices, regardless of where the applicant or sponsor are living/staying, and whether or not they're together.

A sponsor and applicant can be together in Canada or in the applicant's country, or they can be living in separate countries, and they can still file an outland application. Outland applications are typically processed faster than those processed within Canada . . . but that has nothing to do with whether or not the applicant and sponsor are living together in the same country.

SSSK

Dec 29, 2008
Immigration they process the Inland applications for PR under the familly class more slower that the ouside applications THE REASON is they belive that inside they are togather, but the outside land they are separated that's why it's taken more longer that the other

thanks