+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND to begin after wife's arrival. Will she make it in?

fr67

Mar 16, 2019
Everything is almost set for my wife to start the Inland process. But she needs to get here first... She's traveled to Canada before of course and had a student visa and work visa several years ago.

So I know most of you will say "You must chill now" but ... the anxiety is really ramping up for me.

My wife and I obv have a pile of evidence prepared for the agent in case they ask but I can't kick this feeling.
But its about "that one text" or "what are these weird files on your laptop that we can't read... hmmmm madame go to the interrogation area"

Yes absolutely she will be disclosing her inland plan if a question arises about her intentions in Canada.

So:
If my wife is turned away, it's another return ticket (~$2500) + her suffering + the insanely long trip (16 hours each way). Then we would have to start Out of Canada... still apart. Then she'd come visit and leave in 6 months. Then as most of us know... A long unknowing wait after that occurs too.

Sweatin!

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Sorry is that the same thing?
She's either traveling on a TRV or eTA. Which one is it?

I assume she will be traveling on a return ticket?

fr67

Mar 16, 2019
Ah yes eTA. Return ticket yes!

We already know she will have to return if she is required to at any time by Border services or other authorized representatives of the government.

Last edited:

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
No.. She's just flying here and knocking on the front door.
I presume you were being facetious with this response. In any case, the odds of her getting denied entry are quite low - as you surely know. Good luck to you and her.

fr67

Mar 16, 2019
I presume you were being facetious with this response. In any case, the odds of her getting denied entry are quite low - as you surely know. Good luck to you and her.
Sorry not facetious, I was just trying to be funny with an analogy.

I really had no idea the chances were so low. She was grilled around christmas time when she came to visit 2017...right after the took someone else off. Does everyone else just ... not have this kind of anxiety?

Thank you very much. Your words mean a lot.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Sorry not facetious, I was just trying to be funny with an analogy.

I really had no idea the chances were so low. She was grilled around christmas time when she came to visit 2017...right after the took someone else off. Does everyone else just ... not have this kind of anxiety?

Thank you very much. Your words mean a lot.
What exactly did they ask her the last time? Is there any reason to suspect that she will be asked questions again - did she ever overstay in any country, or does she perhaps have any history with Canadian immigration?

In general CBSA doesn't really focus on low-risk passengers (occasionally you get randomly questioned), but if there is a reason to believe that your wife is not low risk because of some prior history, then the situation changes.

You should make sure you don't have any messages on her phone that even hint at doing something like getting a job. There have been cases of people who had interviews lined up, and the CBSA official told them they were planning to work without a permit and denied them.

Never lie to CBSA, always answer any question asked directly and honestly - but do not ramble and volunteer information that was not asked.

Again, unless there's some reason why your wife isn't low-risk, there really is no issue. The vast, vast majority of people from visa-exempt countries breeze through immigration.

fr67

Mar 16, 2019
What exactly did they ask her the last time? Is there any reason to suspect that she will be asked questions again - did she ever overstay in any country, or does she perhaps have any history with Canadian immigration?

In general CBSA doesn't really focus on low-risk passengers (occasionally you get randomly questioned), but if there is a reason to believe that your wife is not low risk because of some prior history, then the situation changes.

You should make sure you don't have any messages on her phone that even hint at doing something like getting a job. There have been cases of people who had interviews lined up, and the CBSA official told them they were planning to work without a permit and denied them.

Never lie to CBSA, always answer any question asked directly and honestly - but do not ramble and volunteer information that was not asked.

Again, unless there's some reason why your wife isn't low-risk, there really is no issue. The vast, vast majority of people from visa-exempt countries breeze through immigration.
Well, she relayed that they asked her where when who why how about her trip. I think it's because she was traveling without me as I'd come to visit Canada a week before her to spend more time with family. Now I'm fully moved back.

I suspect that they'll see her traveling without her husband again and I hope they are more understanding this time.

She never overstayed ever, payed all her taxes in Canada...did everything to the letter.
She had a student visa and before that, a working holiday visa. (In Canada)
She's certainly a world traveler tho!

I feel lucky to get your response and I understand. I think then we're set! Thanks!