+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Spousal Sponsorship....tight timeline!!

cbmcmillan

Jan 31, 2015
Just recently my application for an LMIA came back negative. The next decision was to apply for Inland Spousal sponsorship with my Canadian partner. Can anyone help with a few of our question...??

1. My current IEC visa expires on May 20th 2015. Do we have enough time for the preliminary spousal approval decision to be made, given that it is approximately 85 days and we have 109 days?

2. Should we start to plan getting a joint bank account? Bills in both our names? etc. We have been together since April 2013, and lived together since Sept 2013, with two signed tenancy agreements.

3. Is there any other evidence we should provide with the application initially. Other than the given checklist?

4. Mainly, should we hire a lawyer to make sure everything is done right?

Any help would great.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
1. That 85 days is for outland sponsorship. Inland first stage takes 17 months.

2. You will need more than just tenancy agreements. You need to prove to CIC that you've lived together for at least a year.

3. As said above, you need to prove common-law status. You also need to prove a genuine relationship. There are many threads on this forum that give examples of proofs that can be included.

4. Don't bother with a lawyer.

Depending on where you are from, outland may be the better choice. You can apply to change your status to visitor before your IEC expires and remain in Canada while the outland app processes.

458_Bridge

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 Sep 2014
AOR Received.
Nov 12th, 2014 / Second AOR June 19th, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Sponsor Approval / AIP - Dec 31st 2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM - Jan 4th , 2016
LANDED..........
January 19th, 2016
So to Satisfy CIC, Just take pictures of the two of you together at almost EVERY occasion/ event/ outing you go too. Save receipts, pictures, Phone logs, chats, emails. Shopping Receipts, gifts receipt with Pictures.
Some say quality is better than Quantity, but whos the judge of Quality in this case. I have been logging everything.