+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland spousal sponsorship - TFW to PR

snip1514

Sep 30, 2024
I need some help to get my below query answered. Hope someone can help check and respond.

I am working as a software engineer currently in Canada on a work permit. My wife and kids are also staying with me in Canada as dependents. I am thinking of applying for Canada PR alone (without spouse) and would like to know if my kids & wife would need to go back to home country if my application is selected for PR OR Is it possible that they continue to live with me in Canada since they will have valid visas while I start inland spousal sponsorship for them after getting my PR alone (without spouse). I know sponsorship may take time, I wanted to know if they can continue to be here in Canada and my kids can continue the school as well. Any issues that anyone knows OR anyone been in similar situation, please help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I need some help to get my below query answered. Hope someone can help check and respond.

I am working as a software engineer currently in Canada on a work permit. My wife and kids are also staying with me in Canada as dependents. I am thinking of applying for Canada PR alone (without spouse) and would like to know if my kids & wife would need to go back to home country if my application is selected for PR OR Is it possible that they continue to live with me in Canada since they will have valid visas while I start inland spousal sponsorship for them after getting my PR alone (without spouse). I know sponsorship may take time, I wanted to know if they can continue to be here in Canada and my kids can continue the school as well. Any issues that anyone knows OR anyone been in similar situation, please help.
Post to the Express Entry section of the forum.