+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland spousal sponsorship questions

agican

Nov 4, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I am sponsoring my fiancee (we will get married in spring in Canada) from Germany, does he need his childhood immunization shots booklet for inland spousal sponsorship or later to apply for citizenship application? We were just wondering as he can't leave the country once we apply.

Also, for non accompanying children, did you have any experience if their other parent refuses to take them for the medical exam if an explanation letter written by my fiancee is enough?

Do you know any translation agency in Toronto/GTA that is accepted by immigration?

Thank you

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
He won't need the immunization booklet (though if he has it, might as well bring it with him to Canada, can't hurt). If the other parent refuses and has sole custody, usually the only way to get out of it is via the applicant excluding the children from family class and waiving the right to ever sponsor them in the future.

agican

Nov 4, 2018
He won't need the immunization booklet (though if he has it, might as well bring it with him to Canada, can't hurt). If the other parent refuses and has sole custody, usually the only way to get out of it is via the applicant excluding the children from family class and waiving the right to ever sponsor them in the future.
Thanks for your reply. She doesn't have sole custody of the children, they have shared custody but children are older. We are wondering what to do if she says no to medical. Explanation letter is all we can send? My fiancee knows it means they can't ever come to Canada if they don't go through medical now.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for your reply. She doesn't have sole custody of the children, they have shared custody but children are older. We are wondering what to do if she says no to medical. Explanation letter is all we can send? My fiancee knows it means they can't ever come to Canada if they don't go through medical now.
IRCC is not likely to exclude the children if he has shared custody. He has access and the legal right to take them for the medical.

How old are the children?

agican

Nov 4, 2018
They are 16 and 13. In Germany automatically they have shared custody after divorce. But the closest panel physician is 400kms away and no way their mom will take them there. And since my fiancee can't leave Canada while waiting for paperwork, he can't take them so most likely he will have to write an explanation letter.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
They are 16 and 13. In Germany automatically they have shared custody after divorce. But the closest panel physician is 400kms away and no way their mom will take them there. And since my fiancee can't leave Canada while waiting for paperwork, he can't take them so most likely he will have to write an explanation letter.
He can apply outland. Or he can take the very small risk of leaving mid-process inland to get the medicals done. Or he can attempt to get upfront medicals done for them. IRCC doesn't like excluding children and generally only does it when a parent has no access, no custody, the custodial parent refuses the medical etc.

If he wants to try excluding them, he needs proof from the mother that she refuses to take them for the medical. He needs a notarized letter stating that he understands that his children will be forever excluded from the Family Class and never be able to be sponsored.